Country Distribution Manager
Job Purpose and Summary
- Set budgets per each Product Group, based on product/area strategy, product planning, and market analysis, to meet company MTP (Midterm plan) growth objectives for the region.
- Liaise with Product Managers to proceed with Product Launching, implement product strategy, and provide proper feedback to the Canon Head office.
Plan marketing activities in coordination with Product Managers.
- Undertake regular market assessments and monitor/report on competitor activity.
Visit Business Partners on a regular basis to provide visible support and assistance where required
What we give
- With Canon, you’ll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We’ll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You’ll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
- Monitor and review monthly sales performance for total and individual product groups and areas.
- To ensure smooth sales movements in line with the agreed sales plan.
- Take appropriate remedial action to support CCNA (Canon Central and North Africa) Area Sales.
- Collect and analyze individual Business Partners local sales, stock, and current ordering situation every month, with local market information.
- Negotiate with Business Partners based on the proper market/ordering analysis and collect firm orders from individual Business Partners every month, in order to achieve the termly budget/target.
- Take special marketing support action for tenders, campaign prices, etc. through the proper internal decision-making processes in cooperation with Product Managers.
- Support smooth communication and workflow between Operations and Area Sales.
- Support for monthly procurement, shipment, and payment negotiation with Business Partners.
- Full fill the role as updater of the market situation and trouble-shooter for assigned Business Partners, through regular contact/visit to and from Africa Business Partners.
- Negotiate the Sales budget, discuss and agree with Business Partners re annual targets and termly sales plans internally and externally, together with the requisite marketing plan/budget (products/pricing/promotion).
- Liaise with Marketing and Product Managers to draw up CCNA action plans for country support and regional marketing/sales activity and fix the marketing expense budget, in line with turnover and budget guidelines, to stimulate awareness and sales achievement.
What we ask
- We need people who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who have the courage to risk new ways of doing things and the ability to see the world the way their customers see it. We’re looking for creative problem-solvers like you, someone who can ensure Canon stays ahead in an ever-changing world.
- Relevant recognized formal qualifications (university level) – desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in B2C, Photo Video and/or Printing Industry in a similar international or regional sales role (with a similar company, national distributor, or trading company) – very desirable
- B2C Work experience in the mentioned assigned region – very desirable.
- High level of written and spoken communications in English and local language – essential.
- Professional appearance, attitude, and communication style – essential.
- Familiarity with MS Office applications, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint – essential.
- Based in Kenya – essential.
You will need
- Strategic Thinker
- Customer Focus
- Negotiate & Influence
- Strong Communicator
- Leadership skills
Canon is enriching lives and businesses in incredible new ways. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that’s strong, ambitious and considerate, where people do great things together. You can expect the exceptional and achieve the exceptional, with the world’s best imaging company.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.eu.com.