CAAC Programme Officer – Youth And CSO’s in Peacebuilding at Save the Children
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international non-governmental organization that promotes children’s rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries
CAAC Programme Officer – Youth And CSO’s in Peacebuilding
The CAAC Programme Officer – Youth and CSOs in Peacebuilding will be responsible for technical and operational implementation of the Youth and CSOs in Peacebuilding workstream of a complex cross-regional Programme targeting children, Civil Society Organizations and a wide range of actors such as the African Union, Regional Economic Communities (RECs), Regional Mechanisms (RMs), Treaty Bodies, Bilateral Institutions, Member States and Armed Actors both State and Non-State at strategic policy and decision making level where decisions will require independent judgement within the role’s technical scope, as guided by existing guidelines, standards and guidance of the Head of CAAC Programmes.
The CAAC Programme Officer – Youth and CSOs in Peacebuilding will provide technical direction in the design and business development, lead on the quality implementation and management of the Youth and CSOs in Peacebuilding workstream deliverables. The role will provide technical guidance to influence change and manage relations with actors at all levels in relation to Youth and CSOs in Peacebuilding. The role, within its technical scope, will be expected to contribute to adaptation, development of solutions and recommendations for change linked to procedures and practices with long-term impact in the field of CAAC, Peace and Security, and Relations with Armed Actors.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Undergraduate degree in Social Sciences and extensive thorough working knowledge in Child Protection in Armed Conflict and Emergencies
- 5 years or more experience in Child Protection Programming with at least 3 years cross-regional level experience. Demonstrated Postgraduate Professional or Specialist working knowledge and experience in Child Protection and specifically CAAC and Peace and Security Programming.
- Demonstrated Professional or Specialist working knowledge and experience in Youth and CSOs in Peacebuilding and specifically CAAC and Peace and Security Programming.
- Solid understanding and engagement with the African Union Peace and Security Architecture.
- Solid understanding of Armed Actors engagement and relations
- Demonstrated experience working on Youth and CSOs in Peacebuilding tools, methodologies and approaches.
- Demonstrated capability to make decisions with creativity and some independent judgment
- Demonstrated experience in influencing to obtain the cooperation of others.
- Proven excellence in working in a team, being a team player, and significant experience working in an international organisation.
- An appreciation and understanding of how to manoeuvre in a context of shrinking space for civil society, ensuring Save the Children’s integrity and child rights are not compromised
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues facing children and youth, rights-based program approaches, and child safeguarding principles.
- Strong skills and proven experience in program management processes; also from the knowledge and learning perspective.
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, communication and networking skills; proven experience and effectiveness working across functional teams and in a matrixed structure; and an ability to work with diverse populations.
- High level of self-awareness and willingness to take feedback for growth and self-development.
- Effective negotiator, with the ability to positively influence cross departmental and cross sector work
- Proven experience in designing Terms of Reference, and ability to design and review evaluation tools and approaches.
- Direct experience of working with communities in participatory activities, including confidence in working with youth and an understanding of youth-friendly participatory methodologies.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Exemplary level of spoken and written English.
- Fluency in French, both verbal and written, desirable
Contract duration: 2 years
This role will be based in any Country Office with SCI Presence under National Contract terms
To apply for this job please visit stcuk.taleo.net.