Website Parliamentary Service Commission
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Leading the Speaker’s procession;
2. Performing Messengerial duties;
3. Maintaining order & decorum;
4. Conducting Security checks at the entrance;
5. Sorting and distribution of mail, letters, newspapers;
6. Enforcing and implementing Speaker’s orders and other directives;
7. Controlling and regulating Visitors;
8. Facilitating school visits and admission to galleries;
9. Ushering of Diplomats, former MPs and other dignitaries to the Speaker’s row;
10. Ensuring that fire extinguishers are up to date and are inspected accordingly;
11. Responding to disasters and emergence;
12. Enforcing Speaker’s rules and orders with respect to admission to offices;
13. Controlling and regulating the admission of persons within the buildings;
14. Custody of Keys of the Parliament Building;
15. Inventory control within the Department;
16. Attending to Committee Rooms;
17. Booking daily visitors registers and Occurrence Book;
18. Responding to disasters and emergencies;
19. Maintaining Security of the Parliament Chambers, Chamber precincts and other related areas;
20. Controlling the filming and photographing within the Parliament precincts as per the orders of the Speaker;
21. Issuing of Gate Passes;
22. Securing of meeting venues;
23. Crowd management;
24. Assisting in evacuation procedures; and
25. Identifying and ushering members during official events.
Requirements for Appointment
For direct appointment to this grade, a candidate must: –
1. Be in possession of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) Minimum grade C- (Minus) or its equivalent;
2. Be in possession of a Paramilitary Training qualifications;
3. Have a certificate in a relevant discipline from a recognized institution;
4. Have served satisfactorily in the uniformed service for a period of not less than four years as a Corporal;
5. Have a First Aid certificate; and
6. Be in possession of a certificate of exemplary service.
How to apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE ONLY through the Parliamentary Service Commission website; www.parliament.go.ke/vacancies or http://careers.parliament.go.ke/PSC so as to reach the undersigned on or before 10th December 2021.
APPLICATIONS THROUGH THE POST OFFICE, EMAIL OR HAND DELIVERY SHALL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A NEW RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND THAT THE PREVIOUS DATA ON REGISTRATION WAS PURGED AND APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO REGISTER A FRESH TO PROCEED WITH APPLICATION.
For any Enquires and assistance related to this recruitment, a help-desk with the following email addresses and phone numbers have been provided.
1. +254 202848000
2. +254 113522445
3. +254 738663100
Please note that any communication relating to the processing of the applications shall be only through the Parliamentary website, the above emails and/ or the online recruitment system notices
To apply for this job please visit careers.parliament.go.ke.