Website Kenya Literature Bureau (KLB)
Assistant Sales And Marketing Manager job at Kenya Literature Bureau (KLB)
Kenya Literature Bureau (KLB is the leading publishing house in Kenya and is home to some of the world’s top authors, researchers and experts in book publishing and printing. KLB prides itself in providing high quality publishing and printing solutions that are unmatched in the country.
The Bureau is looking for highly competent; results oriented and dedicated individuals of high integrity to fill the following positions:
Assistant Sales And Marketing Manager
JOB LEVEL 4: Job Ref HR – Job Ref HR ASMM-4-2021 (2 POSTS)
Reports to: Sales and Marketing Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare business and marketing plans to guide the business operations in their hubs. ii.
- Manage stakeholder strategic partnerships and engagements for revenue generation;
- Formulate and set departmental performance targets and supervise, coach and mentor departmental staff for optimal performance outputs;
- Co-ordinate the delivery of stocks to schools and bookshops so as to ensure availability of the Bureau’s titles in the right quantity at the right place;
- Plan for and manage regional marketing and corporate events;
- Recruit customers and manage customer relationships to grow Revenue and improve company image and customer satisfaction;
- Identify, prioritise, schedule and manage the activities of the sales team within sales budget;
- Analyze the market data, trends and actual results against the marketing plan and use the data to co-ordinate, implement and evaluate business plans encompassing all aspects of commercial trading and develop long term and short term plans for marketing , and achieve agreed targets;
- Manage, supervise and co-ordinate sectional plans, i.e., market development, sales operations and customer service and ensure they are in harmony to deliver the departmental plan; and
- Prepare sales budgets and forecasts to achieve the sales targets set for the department..
- Supervise, coach and mentor sectional staff for improved performance.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities or a relevant field.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or a relevant field.
- Minimum eight (8) years of relevant work experience with at least four (4) years at senior management/ leadership position.
- Higher National Diploma or Diploma in Marketing or a relevant field from a recognised institution.
- Member of Marketing Society of Kenya (MSK) or Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and in good standing.
- Experience in the education sector or book production industry is an added advantage.
- Problem solving, analytical, leadership, decision making, integrity, good communication, organisation and planning skills.
- A good team player, maintains high work standards, reliable, easily adapts to new environments, pays attention to detail and self-motivated.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send applications clearly indicating the job title and reference number of the position, enclose a comprehensive CV stating your current position, photocopies of relevant certificates and testimonials as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Include your day and evening telephone numbers and your contact email address.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including; Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board; Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority; Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
visit KLB Website on www.klb.co.ke and send your ON-LINE APPLICATION addressed to
The Managing Director
Kenya Literature Bureau (KLB)
Popo Road, Off Mombasa Road
P.O. Box 30022 – 00100 GPO
Only online Applications are being accepted on the KLB Online Job Application portal.
Kenya Literature Bureau is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applications should reach us on or before 4th January 2022
To apply for this job please visit www.klb.co.ke.