Assistant Factory Manager
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Sanergy is looking for a mission-driven Assistant Factory Manager to support the production team in assist the production team in ensuring the accomplishment of manufacturing team results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Breakdown weekly production plan into daily schedules and drive daily adherence to this by line-staff in the Factory
2. Breakdown Lean Daily Management projects into SMART goals with clear link to the overall goal of organizational maturity in the Factory
3. Schedule and conduct Gemba walks across all sections with respective crew lead line staff to identify opportunities for improvement
4. Coach crew leads and support them to understand the process and equip them to detect, escalate and resolve challenges/variances in their domains
5. Lead in the development and resolution of factory level short term corrective and preventive actions
6. Coach the crew leads to resolve section level day to day challenges through established problem solving toolkits
7. Track key resource consumption and cost metrics. These include labor utilization & efficiency, resource utilization and machine utilization
8. Analyse daily production outputs to identify wastes, develop and implement measures to improve processes in liaison with the Factory Manager
9. Analyse resource productivity trends and proactively recommend continuous improvement projects to improve inefficient processes
10. Lead your teammates in respective sections to execute daily production schedules
11. Coordinate respective section crew leads to ensure that processes move in sync (one-piece flow) to achieve daily targets effectively and efficiently
12. Work with multi-disciplinary teams (R&D, Continuous improvement and Design) to ensure harmony in operations in the Factory
13. -Circulate and reconcile the production plan in all sections through visual controls such as Lean Management boards
14. Through effective scheduling, allocate labor to various sub processes to ensure > 90% utilization.
15. Develop daily production schedules and Leader Standardized Work (LSW) sheets that will be executed by the respective section crew leads.
16. Review adherence to daily schedules, implement load leveling and implement actions to correct variances to ensure operations are back on track.
17. Monitor day to day resource utilization to ensure that all operations are run within budget and as per the tactical plan.
18. Work with respective crew leads to ensure that utilities, materials utilization, and set takt times are adhered to and tracked on the established platforms
19. Coach crew leads to detect and resolve over utilization of resources within their respective sections in the factory
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (chemical, mechanical, industrial) or relevant fields
2. Minimum of 2 years experience working in a factory setting within either of these roles:
3. Quality management
4. Factory management
5. Proficiency in MS Office (word, excel) or Google suite (docs, sheets)
6. Able to handle coordination and execution of multiple projects
7. Great collaboration, communication and people skills
To apply for this job please visit portal.saner.gy.