Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission
Assistant Election Officer II job at Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission
The Commission is responsible for conducting or supervising referenda and elections to any elective body or office established by the Constitution, and any other elections as prescribed by an Act of Parliament and, in particular, for; The continuous registration of voters and revision of the voter’s roll;
Assistant Election Officer II
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee general management of constituency office in absence of Senior Election Officer;
- Completing voter registration control sheets and control registers;
- Keep up to date statistics on voter registration exercise;
- Updating regularly and maintaining and updated register of electors and making sure it is always accurate;
- Checking that all electoral materials and equipment are in good working condition;
- Assist the Senior Election Officer in mapping of polling stations/registration centres;
- Assist in publicity of voter registration of voters, elections, inspection of the register and any other activity to be undertaken by the Commission;
- Quality control the work done by registration and polling officer on voter registration;
- Receive, distribute, maintain an inventory of materials & equipment to registration centres
- Replacing lost and defaced voters cards with duplicate cards;
- Assist in preparation of work plans, security plans, transport, and logistical plans;
- Safeguarding registration data;
- Assist in verifying the register of visitors;
- Ensuring security of office records, equipment and documents, including classified materials; and preparing responses to basic routine correspondence
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Commission.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university;
- Must have three (3) years relevant working experience in a busy organization;
- Must hail from the Constituency applied for as indicated in the National Identity card; d) Should be competent and confident in handling office records and processes;
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills and a team player;
- Must be computer literate and possess good analytical skills;
- Must be a person of undoubted integrity.
How to apply
Interested applicants are required to submit their application both online and in hard copy. Online applications to be accessed through the IEBC jobs portal https://jobs.iebc.or.ke and the Hard copy applications to include copies of certificates, National ID and testimonials indicating the Job title on the top left corner of the envelope.
Important to note:
- Only applicants submitting both physical and online applications will be considered;
- Details of requirements are available on the Commission’s website; and
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Only Successful candidates will be required to submit integrity clearance certificates from respective statutory bodies
Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applications to be submitted not later than 12th January 2022, and hard copy applications to be addressed to the undersigned: –
The Commission Secretary/CEO
Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission,
Anniversary Towers, 15th floor
P. O. Box 45371-00100,
To apply for this job please visit jobs.iebc.or.ke.