Job Locations CN-Shanghai |
Posted Date 5 days ago(6/8/2021 10:42 PM)
Category Software Engineer
Artificial Intelligence is transforming the world in almost every industry. Everyone knows only good training data can produces the best machine learning solutions. However, creating training data with high quality in a scalable way is very challenging and very few companies can do it. The whole AI world is starving for great training data. Appen is the market lead in training data generation field for more than 22 years and generates all kinds of training data like content relevance, image & video, text and audio, as well as data capturing.
Appen Tech team is solving the AI data problem by combining the power of human and technology. This world-class and exciting engineering position awaits qualified candidate. This team is responsible for build the most efficient annotation platform to help millions of workers globally to complete their job more efficiently thus generating high quality training data. The platform includes image annotation, video annotation, voice/video transcription, translation, text annotation, Lexington, data capture tools, and preannotation with machine learning. It is an exciting opportunity to make your own mark in the AI data industry!
- Build the most efficient annotation platform to help millions of workers globally to complete their job more efficiently thus generating high quality training data.
- The platform includes image annotation, video annotation, voice/video transcription, translation, text annotation, Lexington, data capture tools, and pre-annotation with machine learning.
- Learn and understand AI data need in those fields and provide best platform to generate high quality data with least human effort.
- Drive innovation in modern-architected web with Java and data application development(both frontend and backend).
- Technical lead for new and existing product initiatives, assist with definition of product direction
- Define, design, troubleshoot, and debug complex, multi-tier distributed software applications.
- Work with manager, engineers, product management and Operation team to design and implement application features.
- Estimate engineering effort, plan execution cycles, and rollout system changes
- BS, MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
- 3+ years’ work experience in software development area.
- Experience of modern-architected web and data application is preferred.
- Solid knowledge on Java and Spring framework.
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with Apache Pulsar/Kafka/Elastic Search/Spark is a plus.
- Working Experience in Multi-national Company is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit talent-appen.icims.com.