ADMI in collaboration with French based RUBIKA School, with a vision to strengthen the animation and game industry in Africa is setting up a world-class facility in Nairobi that will offer a Bachelors program in Game Design & Development and a short term certificate in 2D Animation.
Based on the core philosophy shared by ADMI and RUBIKA, the project will take an ecosystem approach, supporting promising animators along every step of the production supply chain: training, apprenticeship, incubation, investment and distribution. Based on France’s recognized expertise in the animation sector, the collaboration will aim at supporting production of local content from Kenya and East Africa towards the global animation and gaming industry.
To support our fast-growing Group, we are undertaking search for the following position:
We are looking for a disciplined and artistic Instructor with a firm grasp on animation techniques, fundamentals, and software. Your work will give life to storylines and characters in films, games or videos.
As a member of ADMI’s full time faculty, you have a rare opportunity to make a difference in the lives of Africa’s future leaders by providing valuable mentoring for tomorrow’s leading digital professionals and creative entrepreneurs.
Scope of Work
- The Animator will read through scripts and speak with clients to understand project needs, create storyboards and animations, and assist in the editing process.
- Creating storyboards that depict the script and narrative
- Drawing in 2D to create sketches, artwork or illustrations
- Designing models, backgrounds, sets, characters, objects, and the animation environment
- Using a range of materials, including modeling clay, plaster, oil paints, watercolors and acrylics
- Developing the timing and pace of the movements of a character or object during the sequence of images and ensuring they follow the soundtrack and audio requirements
- Using technical software packages, such as Flash, 3ds Max, Maya, LightWave, Softimage and Cinema 4D
Building up accurate, detailed frame-by-frame visuals.
- Teach a course load appropriate to their field or discipline.
- Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies to communicate subject matter to students.
- Modify, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse student needs.
- Employ available instructional technology, i.e. the internet, telecourses, interactive technology, when appropriate.
- Encourage the development of communication skills and higher order thinking skills through appropriate assignments.
- Evaluate student performance fairly and consistently and return student work promptly to promote maximum learning.
- Prepare, distribute, and submit syllabi and approved course outlines for all assigned sections in accordance with ADMI policies and Procedures.
- Record and provide attendance data in accordance with ADMI Policies and Procedures.
- Degree in animation and motion graphics in graphic design, animation, multimedia design, fine art, video game design or interactive media.
- More education, experience, or proficiency with specific animation software platforms may be preferred.
- Understanding of animation, storytelling, and character development techniques.
- Proven experience as an animator
- Knowledge of 2D/3D, stop motion and computer-generated animation
- Proficient in CGI software (Photoshop, 3ds Max, Maya, etc.)
- A creative storyteller with presentation abilities
Prior Lecturing/ Teaching experience is a plus.
- Strong English, facilitation and coaching skills
- Role model who promotes ADMI values
How To Apply
At ADMI, you too can turn your passion into a profession! To apply, please send a cover letter and resume