Administration Officer job at Interpeace
The Office Assistant acts as support to the organization and ensures that the working spaces are well maintained according to hygiene and cleaning standards in order to ensure public and staff private areas are in good condition. S/he will assist in all other activities related to office maintenance & administration support, filing documents when necessary as well as archiving files. Responsible of reporting to the Administrative Officer any repairs that need to be done and making sure that the supplies are replenished on time, specifically the cleaning materials, kitchen supplies and the guest house supplies. The Office Assistant maintains all public and private spaces in the office and apartment clean and organized. Duties includes but not limited to: vacuuming, mopping, surface cleaning, dusting, and filing, among other tasks and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
Duties and responsibilities
• Maintain the office premises daily ensuring that the environment is clean, dust-free, and well-organized always.
• Prepare coffee, tea, and other sustenance needs of the Nairobi Office staff.
• Monitor all upcoming meetings and visitation schedules to ensure that visitors and participants receive appropriate refreshments.
• Provide messenger duties as called upon, using local public transport, including delivery of documents and parcels to external offices. All deliveries shall be properly logged.
• Carry out kitchen supplies inventory regularly and request for replenishment in good time. A report should be made on damaged or broken items.
• Assist the Administrative Officer in stores management including archiving, maintenance of inventory list and reporting on any damaged or broken items.
• Carry out all other activities related to office maintenance and administration support, above and beyond those mentioned above, as called upon, and in the collective spirit of teamwork and collaboration.
• Cooperate with the rest of the staff
• Follow all health and safety regulations
• Apartment/Guesthouse Responsibilities
• Maintain the offsite Nairobi apartment while ensuring high standards, including laundry and other housekeeping duties as necessary:
• Perform general sweeping, scrubbing, mopping of hardwood, laminate, or tiled floors.
• Dispose of trash from bins and containers.
• Clean windows, glass surfaces, and mirrors.
• Maintain and upkeep all cleaning equipment, supplies, and products.
• Ensure safe and sanitary storage and care of products.
• O’Level Certificate
• Diploma Certificate in hospitality/Housing keeping would be an asset,
• Computer literate
• Fluency in both oral and written English and Swahili
• Previous 2 years’ experience as Office Assistant/ housing keeping would be preferred.
• Filling and Archiving
• Reliable and punctual with a dedicated professionalism to job and duties.
• Able to adapt to changing schedules or routines, excellent time management skills
• Pays attention to detail when cleaning
• Organized and able to follow a schedule
• Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery
• Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
• Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets
• Collaboration and Weaving
• Drive for results
• Adaptability and Continuous Learning
• Success factors
• Identifies with and is committed to Interpeace’s core values and working principles
• Commitment to inclusiveness
• Self-motivated and organized.
• Reliable, honest, approachable and a team player
How to apply
To apply follow this email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit interpeace.org .