To process financial transactions accurately and timeously through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Financial & General Administration:
- Attach supporting documentation, i.e. credit approval, authorisation & invoices, signed spread sheet and make copies of all mentioned documentation for audit purposes
- Provide regular management information update, i.e. invoices paid to Line Manager Attend to queries within 24 hours with regards to incomplete documents, not signed documents etc. and escalate to Line Manager in the event of non resolution
- Take ownership when dealing with customer requests, offer solutions and concludes complaint constructively
- Maintain financial files and records by safely and systemically storing source documents on files/system
- Address ad-hoc queries from internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Group Tax, Private Bank Management) by asking questions to ascertain customer needs and respond effectively, ensuring high quality work and by meeting the required deadline
- Perform general administration duties with regards finance duties | Reporting & Compliance:
- Prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly reports and report on variances
- Take accountability to ensure that accurate and timely financial reporting obligations are met for weekly/monthly reporting by accurately preparing reports, journals and reconciliations and working with the specified deadlines.
- Prepare the Business Unit Procure to Purchase monthly report and follow up on discrepancies Liaise with Group Sourcing regarding any procurement/sourcing queries raised by cost centre management.ie. non-compliance vendors with Master Service Agreement
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Financial Statements for the SBU by collating and submitting information to the line manager.
- Obtain and keep abreast with all technical and specialist knowledge such as changes to Companies Act, Tax and other standards and legislation applicable.
- Prepare journal summaries for correct reporting in the financial statement
- Prepare Value Added Tax (VAT) pack monthly in accordance with applicable legislation, ensuring correctness of the packs and timeously submit the pack to Group Tax after review by the Finance manager.
- Comply with Risk Management principles and Model Risk Policy by understanding and keeping up-to-date with updates on these policies.
- Keep up to date with changes in accounting standards (IFRS) and other regulatory requirements.
- Prepare attestations for sign off by the Financial Manager, Chief Financial Officer 3 and Managing Executive for submission to Group Regulatory reporting on a monthly basis.
- Complete the section relating to recons when preparing the monthly Financial Director (FD) attestations indicating compliance with relevant legislation and Group requirements for all financial reporting activities
Reconciliation & Budgeting:
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for all accounts on the General Ledger Control Framework attaching valid supporting documents (e.g. signed off journals, general ledger printouts, etc.) for each recon (i.e. investigate transactions as required) in accordance with the Accounts and Reconciliation Policy (A&OR).
- Reconcile the SBU’s bank statement with the internal ledger accounts Reconcile Miscellaneous and other government services transactions
- Assist in preparation of the monthly/quarterly departmental budgets by collecting and preparing all the relevant information
- Conduct daily recons on control accounts and action any deviations found, for example when an incorrect GL Account has been debited and a recon has to be done to rectify it.
- Resolve all unreconciled items from prior month and discuss any long outstanding items with the FMR.
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.