Adherence Counselors job at Migori County
Migori County is a county in the former Nyanza Province of southwestern Kenya. It is located in western Kenya and borders Homa Bay County, Kisii County, Narok, Tanzania and Lake Victoria to the West. The county also borders Uganda via Migingo Island in Lake Victoria.
The Adherence Counselor will work under the overall supervision of the health facility in charge/CCC in- Charge at the Sub-County level with a dotted line to MGIC/CIHEB Kenya Longitudinal Improvement Specialist. He/She will provide psychosocial counselling in line with the National ART guidelines to achieve maximum adherence outcomes as informed by program priority indicator areas/targets
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen
- Diploma in counselling /Psychology /Health related field
- At least two (2) Yrs. experience as an Adherence Counsellor
- Training in HTS, Adult/Pediatric ART and NASCOP M&E tools will be an added advantage
- Good report writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Provide ART treatment preparation and support to clients in HIV care.
- Provide confidential adherence counseling and support to persons living positively as per Kenya ART National Guidelines.
- Support linkage and follow up of clients who turn HIV Positive until initiation of ART.
- Implement appointment management systems and case management supporting PLHIV.
- Implement a case management system that supports priority clients.
- Provide Group counseling e.g. Couples, Discordant couples, Youth and Adolescents.
- Support the facilities undertake PNS on all priority groups clients in the CCC above 15 years.
- Support clients identify ART barriers and facilitate them develop adherence plans.
- Support linkage of all patients to psychosocial support groups
- Write and submit timely, accurate and precise daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to the supervisors.
How to apply
Applicants are advised to use PSC 2 application form and attach the necessary documents. All applications should be submitted in a sealed A4 envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for position applied for and addressed to:
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O Box 365- 40400, Suna
- Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the offices of the Migori County Public Service Board located at Nyamome along Namba – Masara road adjacent to Nyamome SDA church.
- All applications should reach the Secretary/CEO Migori County Public Service Board on or before Wednesday 5th January, 2021 at 5:00pm.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- For candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, applicants must obtain the following clearances:
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA
- Clearance certificate from HELB
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
Women, People Living With Disabilities and Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply;
Only shortlisted and successful candidate will be contacted;
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
MIGORI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER