PROGRAMME MANAGER – RESILIENT LIVELIHOODS AND EMERGENCIES JOB
Kshs. 239,247 per month
The holder of this position shall be responsible for strategic direction, growth and coordination of AAIK’s work on resilient building programmes and humanitarian response. S/he is responsible for leading and overseeing the development and delivery of high quality, innovative, cost effective programs in both emergency and long-term development settings resulting in immediate and lasting change for communities living in poverty and exclusion. S/he will be responsible for monitoring programme quality, initiating and taking technical leadership in resilient livelihoods and emergencies focused studies, documentation and dissemination of innovations and good practices. S/he will ensure that the resilient livelihoods and emergencies programming is of excellent technical quality, attracts significant donor funding and contributes to AAIK’s strategic objectives, national/global learning and advocacy.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, policy development or it’s equivalent from a recognized University;
- Have at least a minimum of seven (7) years post-academic experience in Disaster Response, Risk reduction and Resilience building programme management;
- Have successfully demonstrated cross-functional leadership competencies (diligence, developing strategies, conflict-resolution, analysis, communication and organizational awareness) as well as project planning skills).
- Proven experience in working within influential coalitions and networks; advocacy and campaigns on Disaster Response, Risk reduction and Resilience building;
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and effectively with administrative and community structures in a conflict and emergency context;
- Have demonstrated experience in building capacity of partners and staff on Disaster Response, Risk reduction and resilience building;
- Experience of implementing resilience and social cohesion programs in conflict settings.
- Experience of managing partnership relationships and understanding of different donor requirements and ways of working.
To apply for this job please visit kenya.actionaid.org.