Logistics Assistant Job
Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is a regional African-led non-governmental organization that supports livelihood-challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well-being and standard of living. With Country Programmes in South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda and Zambia, AAH-I has over 25 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. AAH-I expanded its activities to work with other marginalised communities, including pastoralists and people living in informal urban settlements.
Department: Operations (Logistics & Procurement Unit)
Reports to: Senior Logistics & Procurement Officer
Liaises with: Workshop Officer, Warehouse Officer and LMIS/ICT Officer
Purpose of the role:
Assist in the overall logistics management to ensure effectiveness and efficiency in operations in line with AAHI and donor guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in monitor the performance of all drivers in line with donor and AAH guidelines.
- Assist in the maintenance of operational records concerning allocation of vehicles, scheduling and rescheduling of work duties for drivers.
- Liaise with the Logistics, workshop and warehouse officers on all matters relating to running the logistics operation.
- Assist in the supervision of activities pertaining to fleet management and administrative issues, in collaboration with the respective partners.
- Coordinate with the workshop Officer to ensure vehicle repairs and maintenance are conducted professionally and in a timely and through manner.
- Ensure the adherence of AAH rules, regulations and procedures by logistics staffs, and use of safety measures within the sectors.
- Participates in the selection of suppliers in the tender committee and conduct a comparative analysis on supplier prices.
- Participates in reviewing and evaluating the performance of the suppliers.
- Assist in verifying that the required order is within the agreed budget.
- Assist in ensuring proper processing of procurement requests from programs.
- Ensures the timely delivery of quality products and services at the lowest possible cost:
- Submit final invoices to the Finance and Accounts Department for payment
- Ensures the proper management of procurement department operations in the absence of the procurement officer.
- Ensuring proper stacking/packing, spacing is done at the warehouse to allow verification and free movement and avoid accident.
- Preparing stock report on a weekly basis and ensuring that records are well maintained.
- Assist in warehouse inventories and periodical stock reconciliations.
- Checking and inspecting of all goods received for quantity and specification as per bill of loading/packing list/waybills/invoice and ensuring proper recording.
- Performs other duties and task as requested by management.
- Efficiency in the warehouse and logistics department.
- Proper and efficient usage of the fleet of vehicles as per donor requirement.
- Proper adherence to laid down procedures and deadlines and effective filing of logistical documents.
- Understanding of the functioning of warehouse and logistics department
- Assist in administration, execution and coordination of procurement activities.
Minimum Specifications and Requirements
Minimum academic qualifications required
- Diploma in Logistics Management or comparable training.
- At least 3 years professional experience in the logistics field.
- Valid BCE Driving License.
- Good computer literacy, with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, power point and Outlook
Skills and Competencies
- Experience in fleet, Warehouse and procurement management
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, email, internet and computer applications)
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Good organizational and team skills.
- Degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- INGO experience and understanding of humanitarian sector- an added advantage.
- Commitment to and understanding of AAH-I’s vision, mission and values.
- Communicational skills (written and spoken)
- Team-work and participation
- Level of self-supervision and ability to take initiative
- Technical side of the job (numeracy, report-writing, critical thinking, leadership, etc.)
- INGO experience and understanding of humanitarian sector
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by 24th June, 2021. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. AAH-K is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank candidates for their high interest in the opportunities we publish on our website. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only get back to shortlisted candidates. AAH-K does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents.
To apply for this job please visit actionafricahelp.org.