International Resccue Committee (IRC)
Accounting Analyst job at International Resccue Committee (IRC)
Under the leadership of the Controllership, the Accounting and Consolidation Unit performs monthly financial consolidation, analysis, reconciliations and preparation of financial statements and reports for Management and external users. The Unit ensures that there is consistency and quality of accounting data and reporting across the organization. The Unit is responsible for the consolidation of the financial data and ensures that reporting is done accurately and on a timely manner. The Accounting Analyst is part of the consolidation unit team.
The Accounting Analyst will support the monthly consolidation of financial data in New York, review and analyze country office financial data and balance sheet reconciliations to ensure the integrity and accuracy of accounting data and perform recurrent tasks including revenue recognition and payroll journal preparation for offices in INTEGRA.
o Preparation of revenue recognition journal entries for offices in INTEGRA for approval and posting.
o Clear intercompany transactions between IRC offices during the interim periods.
o Engage with country office finance leadership and teams to ensure compliance with IRC accounting policies and generally accepted accounting principles in data processing.
• Analysis and Control
o Review transactions posted in integra, highlights data accuracy and integrity issue and follows up with parties concerned to resolves outstanding issues promptly.
o Analyze and reconciles CRRD country offices data bases with the consolidated headquarter database
o Prepare a monthly exception report of significant issues involving data accuracy and integrity for management information and follow-up.
o Provide data set for input into the management dashboard for country office performance against selected accounting metrics.
o Based on the quarterly and annual analysis, provide guidance to the country offices on any corrective actions required.
o Prepare analysis of revenue and expenses, benefits, payroll clearing and restricted contribution balances, and working to address any differences.
o Prepare the quarterly and year-end analysis, ratios and fluctuations in financial metrics, highlighting areas of interest or concern to management.
o Monitor the exchange rate use in integra and analyze the impact, recommending any actions required.
o Coordinate with CRRD country offices on the monthly closing process of IRC books to ensure that accounting information is ready for timely reporting.
o Perform other tasks related to accounting and consolidation in Integra and other organization systems as delegated.
o Engage and participate in deployment and implementation of Integra in CRRD offices.
o Coordinate and Lead training on consolidation and analysis as needed
• Annual Financial Audit
o Engage in the Headquarter annual Financial Statement audit and single audit process.
o Primary focal person for each field office specific audit requests
o Communicate, extract or receive, and review for completeness of the supporting documents for field office audit samples.
• Approximately three to six years’ progressive finance/accounting experience in the non-profit sector.
• Previous work experience in a multi-cultural international environment is desirable.
• Demonstrated familiarity with GAAP, IFRS and proven general knowledge of Fund Accounting.
• Previous work experience with a major general ledger software package – experience in Microsoft Dynamics 365 and SUN preferred.
• Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and diplomatically manage collegial relationships.
• Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment.
• Flexible work attitude: the ability to work productively in a team environment & independently and ability to meet unexpected demands.
• Strong Computer skills: facility with MS Word, Excel, various accounting software, and email/internet software.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent; Master’s degree a plus.
This role may require working remotely full or part time and part time remote employees may be required to share workspace.
To apply for this job please visit rescue.csod.com.