Kenyan Medical Research Institute
Registered Nurse , J/G KMR 7 ( 3 positions)
Reports to: Study Coordinator
The registered Nurse will report to the Study Coordinator and will be responsible for implementing care interventions based on study participants needs, and filling work is conducted in the highest standards possible as per the Shigella Surveillance study protocol. S/he must be flexible and work within the existing Ministry of health (MoH)structures, in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability and integrity. The position shall be based in Siaya County.
Qualifications and Experience
• Diploma in any of the following Disciplines: Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing,
• Nursing, Kenya Registered Midwifery, Nursing/Midwifery, Nursing/Mental Health and
• Psychiatry or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
• Valid Practising Licensing from Nursing Council of Kenya;
• Experience in pediatric care management and enteric disease studies
• Fluent in English, Dholuo and Kiswahili languages is added advantage
• Proficiency in computer application skills from a recognized institution; and
• Familiarity with and valid certificate Good clinical Practices
Key Skills and Competencies
• Excellent communication and supervisory skills
• Ability to work well in a team, and to collaborate with other health care workers and counterparts
• Proven leadership skills, assertiveness, and ability to take initiative
• Organizational and Interpersonal Skills
• Experience in taking anthropometric measurement
Duties and Responsibilities.
• Assessing study patients and clients and establishing their health care needs ;
• Planning and implementing care interventions based on patients’/clients’ health needs;
• Collection of rectal swabs and whole stool from children as per the study protocol;
• Ensuring infection prevention control providing appropriate healthcare services;
• Administration of prescribed medication;
• Providing health education
• Counselling on identified health and socio-economic needs to patients/clients;
• Referring patients and clients appropriately;
• Ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment; and
• Ensuring safe custody of the nursing equipment and nursing records.
• Terms of Employment: Employment is on a one-year contract with a probation period for the first 3 months and salary is as per the stated grade.
How to apply
Applications should include the following:
• Letter of Application indicating vacancy number
• Current Resume or CV with names and contact information (telephone and e-mail address)
• Copies of Certificates and transcripts.
If you are interested and meet the outlined criteria, please apply to Deputy Director, CGHR, PO Box 1578-40100, Kisumu not later than December 26, 2021. Submit your application including documents via Email address email@example.com
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY
Only short listed candidates will be contacted