Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital
10 Midwifery Nurses Jobs at Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital
Midwifery Nurses – V/FT/29/2021 – 10 POSTSAdvertisements
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive, register, record and document patients’ information and present the same to the Medical Officers at the reproductive health unit.
- Transfer referred patients from unit for further diagnosis or specialized treatment from other units of the hospital.
- Provide family planning services, prenatal care, and gynecological exams for women. iv. Delivering babies and assisting with cesarean births.
- Provide care for newborn babies and mothers after delivery.
- Handling labor emergencies.
- Discussing sexual or reproductive health issues with patients. viii. Repairing cuts/tears from birth.
- Support Medical Officers and Medical Specialists in attending to patients in the reproductive health unit.
- Administer medication to patients in the unit as prescribed by Medical Officers and Medical
Specialists in the hospital.
- Monitor patients’ progress in the unit, document the same for clear patient records and report the same to the Medical Officers and Medical Specialists in the hospital.
- Liaise with other healthcare staff in handling patients with multiple of complex medical conditions in the units in the hospital.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or Degree in Nursing from a recognized institution.
- Higher Diploma in Midwifery Specialised Nurse training or midwifery training qualification from a recognized institution.
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Valid Practice License.
- Proficiency in computer applications. vi. At least two (2) years working experience as a midwifery nurse in a reputable health facility.
Soft Skills Required
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Compassionate skills
- Team player
How to apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of the positions above, please apply online via: www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you have to attach the Application Form, Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Practicing License ONLY when you apply to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 18th January 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All successful candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY