Procurement Officer at Mabati Rolling Mills Limited (MRM), Jobs in Kenya, NGO Jobs in Kenya, Government Jobs in Kenya, UN Jobs in Kenya, Part Time Jobs in Kenya, Online Jobs, Kenya Moja Jobs, Career Point Kenya Jobs, Relief Web Jobs, Today Jobs in Kenya, Jobs in Kenya 2022, Jobs in Nairobi 2022, Latest Vacancies in Kenya, UN Jobs,
Procurement Officer at Mabati Rolling Mills Limited (MRM),
Mabati Rolling Mills Ltd (MRM) is the flagship company of SAFAL GROUP, which is the leading manufacturer of flat and long steel products in Africa. Safal was incorporated to consolidate the operation of several allied companies in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, South Africa, Zambia, Angola and Malawi.
Overall Purpose of the Position
To fulfil the customer requirement of CAPEX and OPEX Procurement in time at most competitive rates. The position will streamline activities in such a way that customer requirements are met on time in full and at lowest cost possible without compromising on quality.
- Timely procure material and services at most competitive rates without compromising on quality.
- Enhance the process efficiency of PR to PO and fulfil the procurement requirements in-time at optimized cost without compromising on quality.
- Ensure adherence of Procurement policy and SOP and minimum audit observations are made during internal / external audits.
- Select, evaluate and maintain relations with vendors through periodic performance reviews
- Float Enquiries (RFQ) and Invite Quotations, Negotiation with Vendors, making Comparatives, update quotes, cross check market rates for specific & typical items.
- Secure material availability in accordance with the Material Requirements Plan (MRP).
- Liaise with the Shipping Companies, transporters and other parties involved for smooth clearance of goods and delivery to the plant(s)
- Develop and maintain effective relations with local customs authorities and KRA, ensuring that Import Duties and Taxes are paid.
- Manage and plan minimum stock balances to ensure supplier lead times and stock holding policies are maintained to avoid any stock outs.
- Supply Chain Administration
- Work in collaboration with Cross Functional Teams and Vendors to create strategic value, risk management and gain competitive advantage for the organization.
- Maintain 100% accuracy in documentation, data management and compliance of SOPs.
- Pro-actively monitor procurement operational and financial performance and develop personal and departmental action plans to achieve targets set for the department
- Ensure Timely Payment to Suppliers, Vendors and Business Partners as per agreed PO Terms.
- Minimum academic qualification: Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or equivalent Business Degree from a recognized University
- Professional registration: KISM or CIPS
- General work experience (years): Minimum 7 to 8 years in ERP based Procurement function
- End user of ERP System is Must – SAP ERP System preferably
Key competencies and skills:
- Knowledge of customs regulations & international customs requirements
- Experience in Strategic Procurement of Technical items like Spares, Consumables
- Effective Negotiation and Analytical Skills
- Vendor Management – Selection, Evaluation and Development.
The Remuneration for this position will be commensurate with the applicant’s level of experience and qualifications.
Location :Mariakani, Coast Province, Kenya
How to apply