WHO Infectious Hazard Management Jobs 2022 – Kenya NGO Jobs. WHO Kenya looking for “Infectious Hazard Management”. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before 16th Feb 2022.
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with six semi-autonomous regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide.
WHO Infectious Hazard Management Jobs 2022
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of Infectious Hazard Management to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Description Of Duties:
WHO Job Vacancy 2022
- Advise on the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of national strategies and plans for the prevention and control of diseases with a high risk of pandemic and epidemic potential and ensuring compliance with WHO guideline and standards.
- Monitor and support early detection, verification evaluation and investigation of outbreaks, risks and providing prevention, and control eﬀorts
- Adapt infections risk management policies, concepts, tools and global strategies and manage their implementation at the country level for the prevention and control of epidemic prone diseases.
- Work with partners, improve epidemic control approaches and methods in diﬀerent epidemiological situations.
- Develop periodic reports on infectious risk activities, support information systems and facilitate integration with national health information systems, as appropriate.
- Contribute to surveillance and risk analysis related to infectious diseases; Participate in the activities of rapid response teams responsible for rapid investigation of alerts, risk assessments in the field and detection and early response.
- Ensure risk communication messages are technically correct and sociocultural appropriate to engage and empower stakeholders in the prevention, mitigation and control of infectious risks.
- Formulate recommendations and provide guidance on relevant courses of action in aﬀected and unaﬀected areas to prevent and/or control the cause of excess morbidity and mortality.
- Provide technical assistance on immunization, enhanced surveillance, infection prevention and control (including personal protection, improved sanitation and hygiene, increased provision of water and/or nutrients, pre-positioning medicines and medical supplies, vector control, etc. in close collaboration with other technical teams.
- Provide analysis of public health risks, needs and capacities and advise on priority interventions for WHO and partners including on challenges and operational course corrections as applicable or as required.
Position in Organization:
- Infectious Hazard Management
- Grade: NO-C
- Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
- Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 24 months
- Job Posting: Feb 1, 2022, 7:53:37 PM
- Closing Date: Feb 16, 2022, 4:29:00 AM
- Primary Location: Kenya-Nairobi
- Organization: AF_KEN Kenya
- Schedule: Full-time
- First university degree in medicine, Medicine, Nursing, Environmental Health or other health related fields.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the planning, development and implementation of the infectious disease control and prevention program, including epidemic prevention and control, infectious risk management and/or dangerous pathogens. Relevant experience with interagency mechanisms used to coordinate preparedness and response to health emergencies.
- Relevant work experience in WHO, other UN agencies; experience working in relevant non-governmental or humanitarian organizations.
How to Apply WHO Infectious Hazard Management Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2200843
The Closing Date: 16th Feb 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.