Laboratory Technologist Internships Jobs at Kisumu Specialists Hospital
Laboratory Technologist Internships
Kisumu Specialists Hospital is recruiting the position above to participate in a variety of complex technical tasks in the performance of laboratory tests
Job Summary: Implementation of the quality management system by complying with established quality manuals and policies in operation of the laboratory
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Under full time supervision of the Laboratory Manager, the incumbent shall:
• Implement laboratory standard operating procedures to ensure daily activities in the laboratory are efficient and effective
• Implementation of the quality management system by complying with established quality manuals and policies.
• Implement and ensure biosafety and biosecurity procedures are adhered to within the facility laboratories
• Maintain inventory for reagents and consumables as well as prepare laboratory reagents to ensure smooth running of laboratory activities
• Collection, sorting, identification and processing of laboratory samples for final quality results
• Perform laboratory equipment validations, verification, calibration and quality controls processes as necessary for the provision of accurate reliable laboratory results
• Performing routine and specialized laboratory tests.
• Ensure laboratory waste are weighed and decontaminated before disposal
• Identification and addressing of complaints, non-conformances and corrective actions relating to their work area
Minimum Education/Training Requirements:
• Must have completed diploma or undergraduate studies in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized institution.
• Should be registered with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians Board with updated licence.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Strong analytical skills, problem-solving, training and team building abilities
2. Good knowledge of laboratory operations and procedures.
3. Ability to follow detailed instructions in implementation of Quality Management systems
4. Ability to handle multiple tasks.
5. Strong Interpersonal skills and organizational skills
6. Training in ISO 15189:2012 standard is an additional advantage
Work Environment: Diagnostic Laboratory environment.
Essential: Evidence of Hepatitis B Vaccination
Terms of Engagement: 9 months internship non-renewable
How to apply
Applicants should send their CVs with their contacts and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us no later than Friday 04th February 2022 at 5:00 pm.