2022 – Intern – Financial Markets Jobs at Standard Chartered Bank
Our Financial Markets business function is differentiated by our extensive global footprint and, an intimate appreciation of the local markets we’re present in, as well as our diversified expertise.
We offer our clients risk management, financing and investment needs through bespoke solutions and trusted relationships.
Our strengths include trading foreign exchange, rates, credit and commodity products, and arranging debt issuance, augmented by our award-winning Research Team and eCommerce Capabilities, delivered through our dedicated Sales Teams.
About the programme
Our 10-week Global Internship Programme allows you to work directly on real world problems to hone your skills, create lasting relationships and learn about your strengths.
The programme is intended to create a pipeline to our International Graduate Programme and other full-time roles.
What you’ll experience
• A 10-week structured Internship programme, that typically takes place April – August
• A country induction, formal welcome to the Bank and get to know your peers
• On-the-job learning
• Be paired with a ‘buddy’ from the International Graduate Programme, to set you up for success and provide insights into the International
Graduate programme, fondly known as the IG Programme
Can I get onto a graduate role from the Internship Programme?
High performing Interns will be eligible for placement on our International Graduate Programme
For Financial Markets, there’s an opportunity to be considered for other full-time entry-level roles as well
We have opportunities in:
• CCIB Client Coverage
• Financial Markets
• Digital Channels and Data Analytics
• Retail Banking
• Wealth Management
• SC Ventures
We’re interested in people with diverse backgrounds and encourage students from all degree disciplines to apply to our programmes.
For our Global Internship Programme, you must
• Be in your in your penultimate (second to last) year of study of your bachelor or post-graduate degree.
• Have the permanent legal right to work in the country you’re applying to, for the full duration of the internship.
• The Bank does not sponsor work permits for Internships.
For the UAE, we accept applications from Arab Nationals requiring visa sponsorship, but priority will be given to nationals of the country.
For US, we will consider students in their sophomore or junior year for our summer internship program.
If you’re required to completed mandatory National or Military service after graduation, we will accept applications from final year students.
All Interns participating in the Global Internship Programme will be evaluated during the 10th week of their internship.
Evaluations will be used in our final recruitment decisions for the International Graduate Programme and other full-time roles, with an aim to provide an offer before the internship is completed.