International Collaboration Intern at United Nations Habitat
UN Habitat Kenya looking for “International Collaboration Intern”. Applicants with a degree in Graduate may apply on or before 3rd Jan 2022.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat International Collaboration Intern Jobs
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement for qualified Kenyans to fill in the vacant post of International Collaboration Intern to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background; the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the Supervision of the Officer in Charge, Regional Programme Division, the intern will:
- Support the organisation of the Experts Group Meetings and other knowledge exchange/publicity events;
- Support the liaison with guest speakers, experts and other participants for the events related to the projects, including the joint projects with Chinese partners;
- Support the preparation of technical documents, communication and publicity materials, background papers, etc. related to the implementation of the projects and the operation of CO/RPD;
- Provide assistance in drafting, editing and reviewing of reports and other technical materials related to the projects, including the joint projects with Chinese partners;
- Provide assistance to the coordination of other collaboration between UN-Habitat and its partners;
- Assist the administration and other management aspects of the projects;
- Provide support to any other work requested by the supervisor.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: International Collaboration Intern, I (Temporary Job Opening)
- Job Code Title: INTERN – PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT
- Department/Office: United Nations Human Settlements Programme
- Duty Station: NAIROBI
- Posting Period: 20 December 2021 – 03 January 2022
- Job Opening Number: 21-Programme Management-UN-HABITAT-171100-J-Nairobi (O)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- Experience drafting technical reports.
- Experience organizing events, such as a seminar or workshop? summarize the key steps of event organization.
- What is your motivation to apply for this position?
- What is your career plan in the next 2-3 years?
The Closing Date: 3rd Jan 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.