Sanergy has an opening for an exceptional individual who can contribute to Sanergy’s expansion financing campaign, in particular by giving it a good technical base. This three month fellowship position will work closely with the Business Development Team to organise, develop and execute a pipeline of funding and investment including technical assistance grants, debt and equity. The fellowship will provide training and hands-on experience as a member of the expansion financing team, as well as networking and mentorship opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborating with key internal and external stakeholders to gather and analyse needs and requirements.
• Conduct self-directed research to identify potential funders and investors in new locations
• Creation and management of a pipeline database
• Creation of appropriate presentation materials to approach and win over funders
• Participation in meetings with potential funders and investors
• Responding to information requests from funders and investors, including due diligence in the final phase of funding arrangement
• Creating an organised reference system for diligence documentation within google drive
• Provide assistance and encouragement to team-members with less experience with research, and data management and analysis applications.
• Presenting data or analytic findings in a variety of formats (reports, PPT, graphs, figures and tables).
• Perform data analytics functions that generate knowledge via data mining, visualization, or other forms of data analytics.
• On-going or completed Graduate Degree from an accredited degree program providing training in business, finance, international development, or a related field of study (MBA and/or 1-2 yrs work experience would be a plus)
• Proficient in conducting online searches, including structuring and analyzing data
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively across multiple focus areas
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a fast–paced, high–energy environment
• Proficiency with data analysis (Excel, Sheets) and data management (Drive, Dropbox) applications as well as generally with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook) and Google ( Docs, Slides) suites
• Basic understanding of and interest in circular economy and waste management
• Understanding of financials statements is a plus
• Language: English required.
• Humility, integrity and a sense of humour.