Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
About the Role
Sanergy is seeking to recruit an energetic procurement Intern to provide administration support to the procurement team and address all procurement needs in the respective teams as well as collaborate with all relevant stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and approve PRs within 24 hours on working days to ensure compliance with the Company’s purchasing guidelines and agreed rates/prices for goods/services/works with the vendor.
- Convert approved Procurement Requisitions to Purchase Orders(PO), follow up POs for approval, and notify vendor once POs are complete within 24 hours.
- Create Electronic Procurement Requests(PR), follow up on payments, and send notifications to vendors when payments are scheduled to be sent.
- Responsible for ensuring POs are executed on time and communicate with users that timelines won’t be hit and share new timelines.
- Ensure that all relevant documents are availed to accounting within the agreed SLA time and payment processing to be done within the recommended time frames.
- Update the Procurement Requests checklist document when reviewing every PR and ensure that it has been filled in full until the vendor has been paid to keep track of deliveries/collections and payments.
- Ensure all goods/services/works have been received on the system and reconciled after payments.
- Planning and execution of timely collections and delivery of items from various vendors.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Assist in reviewing/creating reorder levels for all raw materials, consumables, finished products, tools, and equipment stored at the warehouses.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- A Degree in Supply Chain Management , Procurement or related degree
- 0-1 years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Great negotiating skills, attention to detail, critical thinker, and disciplined approach to work.