Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
About the role
Sanergy has an opening for an exceptional individual who can contribute to Sanergy’s expansion fund-raising campaign, in particular by giving it a good technical base. This three month fellowship position will work closely with the Business Development Team to organise, develop and execute a pipeline of funding including technical assistance, debt and equity. The fellowship will provide training and hands-on experience as a member of the expansion assessment team, as well as networking and mentorship opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborating with key internal and external stakeholders to gather and analyse needs and requirements.
- Conduct self-directed research to identify potential funders in new locations
- Creation and management of a pipeline database
- Creation of appropriate presentation materials to approach and win over funders
- Participation in meetings with potential funders
- Responding to information requests from funders, including due diligence in the final phase of funding arrangement
- Creating an organised reference system for diligence documentation within google drive
- Provide assistance and encouragement to team-members with less experience with research, and data management and analysis applications.
- Presenting data or analytic findings in a variety of formats (reports, PPT, graphs, figures and tables).
- Perform data analytics functions that generate knowledge via data mining, visualization, or other forms of data analytics.
- On-going or completed Graduate Degree from an accredited degree program providing training in business, finance, international development, or a related field of study (MBA and/or 1-2 yrs work experience would be a plus)
- Experience in research development & analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively across multiple focus areas
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast–paced, high–energy environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and Google applications (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides), as well as Dropbox
- Basic understanding of and interest in circular economy and waste management
- Language: English required.
- Humility, integrity and a sense of humour.