The Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC) provides holistic, country-driven support to accelerate the development, deployment and transfer of locally relevant climate and clean energy technologies. The KCIC provides incubation, capacity building services and financing to Kenyan entrepreneurs and new ventures that are developing innovative solutions
Business Incubations Hubs – Intern
Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC) is implementing AgriBiz, a five-year programme supported by the European Union (EU) and Danida. AgriBiz seeks to address some of the challenges inhibiting youth and women participation in agribusiness and stimulate the
growth of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) in the agricultural sector. The primary focus of the program is to provide a range of services needed by women and youth-owned early stage agribusiness enterprises as well as SMEs, Community Based Organisations (CBOs) and Self Help Groups (SHGs). Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC) is currently seeking highly motivated individuals who will support the delivery of AgriBiz and the growing needs within KCIC to fill the position of Interns in the following counties:
- Uasin Gishu,
The Interns will support the assigned Business Incubation Hubs (BIHs) with business advisory services to entrepreneurs (KCIC clients) to become bankable or investor ready through client tailored technical assistance.
The main duties include supporting Start-ups, SMEs and Community Based Organizations by providing advisory services, organizing business training, coaching clients and linking clients to financiers, markets and relevant resources.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Hub Manager and Business Analyst at the Hub in the provision of business advisory and financial analysis support to clients in the context of supporting agribusinesses.
- Support the Hub teams to develop market feasibility studies, product development, customer acquisition and revenue generation models
- Support the Business Analyst in Identifying business training needs for clients and develop user friendly and practical training modules to close the identified needs
- Assist in managing AgriBiz county hub client tracker, updating client information, and adding new clients as they are on boarded into KCIC incubation program.
- Assist in actively managing client feedback emails on a weekly basis with support from Front Office Admin providing prompt feedback to queries regarding call for applications, Rollout of county Hubs, and service offering under the Program.
- Support in the sensitization forum and mobilization of the call for applications for the 3rd year of implementation for the Agribiz program at the county level.
- Support the Hub manager and Business Analysts with the evaluation process for total applications received, sharing a final shortlist of eligible clients for consideration into the program.
- Support in the development, printing, signing, coordination and custodian of letters of agreement for newly and existing clients in the agribiz program at the hub level
- Assist in mapping out due diligence visits for data verification prior to onboarding of the final clients
- Support the Hub manager and Admin. Assistant in planning and organizing of the mentorship bootcamps at the ATCs, in line with the roll out of the mentorship program for county cohorts. Offer Logistical support to all planned events at the BIH
- Any other duties as delegated by the Departmental Managers and Hub Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business-Related field
- Experience in data entry and analysis
- Excellent computer and information technology skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to work with a diverse mix of professionals
- Ability to solve problems and make critical decisions
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Other Requirements
- Must have a working laptop
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their up to date CV with their contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three professional referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements to email@example.com. The email subject should be the position being applied for and the preferred county. Closing date for applications is Friday, 1st October 2021. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Kenya Climate Innovation Center is an equal opportunity employer.