DCA is seeking to recruit an energetic Kenyan National for an internship position as Communications Assistant Intern from January 2022. The intern will serve for a period of one year. The position is Nairobi based with travels to the field – mainly in Turkana and occasionally to other locations – and reports to the DCA Design, Monitoring, Evaluation & Partnerships Officer (DMEP Officer).
The Communications Assistant will support the production of quality and timely (social) media and both internal and external facing communications materials for DCA HQ, media organisations, donors, government stakeholders and other partners.
The main responsibilities of the intern are:
Social media and promotion
Will produce contents/materials for:
- 6 FB posts per month
- 6 tweets per month
- 1 in depth article / thought piece of DCA focus area to be published (website/print media) per quarter
- Produce information pamphlets/brochures and other promotional materials for DCA with an eye on donor visibility requirements.
- Produce year factsheet for DCA summarizing main achievements within all three focus areas to be published on website and shared with donors.
Strategy & media
- Media support for DCA events including producing banners, posters and media stories.
- Support DCA field team in photographing and collecting materials for success stories.
- Support programme, project teams and partners in developing communication and visibility plans
- Coordinate and support the production of communication materials linked to specific projects (videos, radio, etc.)
- Produce DCA Kenya communication strategy with annual action plans.
- Provide input to DCA global communication initiatives when required.
- BA Degree in Communication or Journalism from a recognized academic institution
- Excellent IT skills and the ability to use graphics software such as Adobe and In-design
- Creativity, passion and a keen eye for story-telling
- Interest in learning
- Ability to travel
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Fluency in at least English and Kiswahili. Knowledge/fluency in Turkana an advantage
· Only online applications will be accepted.
· Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation.
DCA conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period.