Organization Name: The International Potato Centre (CIP)
Job Title: Data Analyst Intern
Job Type: Internship
Job Category: Data Analyst
- The International Potato Centre (CIP) – through the Development and Delivery of Biofortified Crops Program (DDBIO) project – is collaborating with various institutions to promote the Production and Commercialization of Orange Fleshed Sweet Potato (OFSP) and High Iron Beans in Arid and Semi-Arid (ASAL) Regions in Kenya. Under this partnership, a situational study has been carried out to understand the current production, consumption and commercialization patterns of sweet potato and common beans in ASALs regions of Kenya. The study will be useful in programming the Scaling up Biofortification (SUB) interventions in these areas to contribute towards addressing the food and malnutrition challenges facing the households living in these areas.
- The Data Analyst intern will support the Principal Investigators in managing the collected data and help in the drafting of various project outputs.
- Perform survey data cleaning and management.
- Conduct qualitative data transcriptions and coding.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis using software such as STATA and NVivo.
- Assist in drafting of baseline value chain situational report.
- Any other duties and miscellaneous tasks as required and as assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor of science in Agricultural Economics, Economics, OR relevant social science degree.
- Currently enrolled in an MSc. program in any of above fields in a recognized university in Kenya.
- Three (3) years of practical experience in field work and analysis of survey and qualitative data.
- Strong analytical skills in STATA.
- Ability to work with NVivo is an added advantage.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work efficiently and independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills, integrity, honesty, and self-motivation.
- Able to work well within a team.
- Advanced level in written and spoken English.
- Fluent in Kiswahili.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
How to Apply
- For more information and job application details, see; CIP Data Analyst Jobs in Kenya