Expos Intern at Kenya Association of Manufacturers
Kenya Association of Manufacturers is the representative organisation for manufacturing value-add industries in Kenya. Established in 1959 as a private sector body, KAM has evolved into a dynamic, vibrant, credible and respected business association that unites industrialists and offers a common voice for businesses.
Department: KAM Consulting Unit
Reporting to: Market Development Officer Supervises : None
Location: Nairobi Contract Type : 3 Months Contract
Job Purpose: To offer the intern an opportunity to learn while supporting KAM consulting unit to organize and manage KAM Expos and market development events which include mobilizing exhibitors, participants and sponsors of the KAM Expos with expected outcomes as follows:-
- Ensure an average target number of visitors attend the events.
- Ensure targeted number of exhibitors display their products or services during the expos;
- Support revenue generation through sale of exhibition booths and mobilization of sponsors
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct and coordinate mini expos in the regions/chapters
- Sell exhibition booths to KAM members to showcase their products;
- Mobilize exhibitors to participate in the exhibition through calling, emailing and visiting members
- Follow up with potential exhibitors and sponsors to increase booth uptake
- Book meetings with potential exhibitors and sponsors;
- Liaise with various suppliers to drive experiential marketing at the events for maximum stakeholder
- engagement e.g. launches, fashion shows, entertainment, etc;
- Enhance the Sales Bonanza strategy to ensure value for money to KAM members;
- Organize B2B matchmaking opportunities to enhance linkages for KAM members;
- Debt management to ensure all obligations are met;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Executive.
Requirements and Personal Attributes:
- A degree in either of the following; Marketing or Business or any other relevant degree,
- Advanced training or experience in Sales or Marketing fields an added advantage
- Some relevant work experience would be an added advantage
- Effective organizational skills, team player, keen attentive to detail and ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing industry.
- Excellent relationship management and networking skills
- Excellent Marketing and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to apply
Qualifying candidates should submit their CV and Application letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the words “Expos Intern” on the email subject line so as to reach us not later than Sept 3, 2021. Short listing shall be on a rolling basis and only the shortlisted shall be contacted