Asset Management Intern – Access Program
Founded in April 2014, Moringa School plays a crucial role in developing and nurturing highly potential individuals who are passionate about technology and want to take a lead role in mobile and web development through equipping them with life long skills.
Asset Management Intern – Access Program
About the Access Program
The Access Program is a scholarship program for youth from needy backgrounds. The program is high-impact: it aims to make Moringa’s world-class education available to ambitious young people who could not afford it otherwise. In addition to scholarships, we provide other forms of financial and personal support to our students to help them become world-class developers and secure employment after they graduate. Given our students’ backgrounds, finding jobs after graduating represents a transformational moment in their lives. For many, it is their first experience working in the formal sector.
Why we are hiring for this role
This is a support role which will report to the Student Support and Experience Associate. Your role will focus on ensuring seamless and efficient inventory management of the company’s assets within the access program which include furniture, equipment and laptops.
- Running and analysing inventories of all assets: furniture, equipment and laptops.
- Do monthly inventory for all assets and provide a report on this.
- Issue out, replace and collect laptops from students, alumni and staff members.
- Liaise with the Access team to obtain incident report & diagnosis before updating records of faulty laptops and forwarding them for repair/ maintenance by the service provider.
- Follow up with relevant stakeholders for approvals on repairs.
- Ensure laptop repairs are done by the relevant company and delivered back on a monthly basis.
- Confirm all laptops taken out for repair are returned and in good condition.
- Coordinate all deliveries and ensure proper record keeping of the same.
- Ensure all Assets are Insured.
- Ensure all students and alumni (where applicable) have access to working laptops.
- Ensure all assets are accounted for at all times using asset management systems and tracking technologies.
- Policy development
- Asset management planning
- Asset management capability development
- Risk management and performance improvement
- Asset knowledge management
- Efficient time and task management skills: the ability to plan and integrate a number of different tasks and achieve required outcomes.
- Degree/Diploma in any relevant field with a strong background in technology.
- 1 year of relevant experience in IT Management.
- Strong communication skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized.
- Able to work independently and as a team member, participating in a positive manner toward achieving the mission of the division.
- Ability to analyze and define problems, collect data, establish and evaluate facts, draw valid conclusions, and make and implement decisions.
- Tendency to take initiative- come up with ideas, proactively solve problems, make suggestions to improve processes, etc.
- People-person: good relationship building and management skills.
- Familiarity with and experience using Google products (drive, calendar, etc)
- Basic data analysis and visualisations skills (desired)
- Setting up hardware and installing and configure software and drivers (desired)
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems (desired)
Career Growth & Development
We do not believe that an organization can grow without the growth & development of its staff. At Moringa School, we are consistently building systems to invest in the growth of our employees. We are deeply invested in offering career growth within Moringa, provide actionable feedback through “weekly check-ins” & thorough career reviews.
We will work together with you to craft roles that both support the needs of the organization and that you can be passionate about.