Learning & Development Internship
Apply by 24 August 2021
- Scheduling training sessions.
- Communicate information about training events in a timely and professional manner to ensure the business is kept up to date about learning and development activities.
- Assist in ensuring the training material is up to date
- Keeping track of employees training records and maintaining the Learning & Development Matrix.
- Assist in conducting Training Evaluations before and after to determine the effectiveness of all development programs.
- Play an active role in supporting HODs with the analysis, action planning and monitoring of the Employee Engagement survey.
- Assist HODs with the development of specific action plans to address issues and concerns identified in the Employee Engagement Survey through the focus groups.
- Working with leaders, and the TOTs within Java House Africa to identify needs & deliver learning solutions.
- Maintain accurate data on all development initiatives (PDP data, TNA Documents, Training Schedules, Training calendars, Attendance data).
- Assist in promoting positive employee relations through an environment that encourages open communication, trust, mutual respect and fun.
- Keeping up to date with developments in Learning & Development by reading relevant resources, going to meetings and attending relevant courses, as well as building relationships.
- Assist in delivering Training as and when required
About Java House
Java House, commonly referred to as ‘Nairobi Java’, opened its first store in 1999 at Adam’s Arcade in Nairobi. With the aim of introducing gourmet coffee drinking culture in Kenya, the first outlet was a coffee shop and later the brand evolved to an American diner style restaurant to its present-day status as a 3 -day part coffee-led, casual dining concept.
Java House is now one of the leading coffee brands in Africa and has grown to have outlets in 14 cities across 3 countries in East Africa (Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda). It has also birthed two sister brands Planet Yoghurt, a healthy, tasty and fun frozen yoghurt store and 360 Degrees Pizza, a casual dining restaurant.