The institute is committed to providing the youth with opportunities to acquire, sharpen their knowledge and gain technical/practical skills to complement their studies in order to enhance their employability in line with the Kenya vision 2030. Attachment is provided to students from Government recognized learning institutions. Internship is provided to graduates (Diploma or Degree) from Government recognized learning institutions.
Eligibility and Duration
- The Institute attachment program runs on a quarterly basis and our intakes are in the Months of January, April, July and October.
- Only attachees from Government recognized Training Institutions shall be eligible for intake.
- Attachments opportunities are offered to students during final year or year proceeding the final year of study.
- Attachment shall be undertaken only once during the course.
- Students are required to make applications at least one (1) month prior to the attachment period.
Application letters should enclose;-
- Valid letter from leaning institution,
- Day time telephone contact
- Details of an Accident Insurance Cover
- Application letters to be addressed to:
The Director General-KEMRI, (Attn: Training Office).
Due to the large pool of applications that are usually received, only selected students are contacted.
Eligibility and Duration
The Internship Program is for young people who have graduated and have been issued with relevant certificates:-
- Internship vacancy announcements are circulated on the Institute’s website.
- Applications are only received and considered when the advert is posted and open.
- The intern shall make a formal written application to the Director General – KEMRI.
- He/she should not be in any learning institution at the time of application.
- Internship will be undertaken only once.
- Internship duration is between one to twelve (12) months and is non-renewable.
- Retirees and those who lose formal employment are NOT eligible.
Recruitment & Selection
- Depending on the internship needs a total number of internship vacancies is established.
- An advert is placed on the website and on the local Newspapers.
- Applications are considered from those who meet the eligibility criteria and depending on the internship fields available.
- A competitive selection process based on merit, distribution of subject areas of available internships, gender balance, regional balance and people living with disability.
- Successful candidates are notified and issued with offer letters.
Terms of service
- All persons performing internship are required to have Personal Accident and Medical Insurance Covers at their own cost.
- Interns are expected to adhere to the Institute rules and regulations.
- During their period of engagement, a monthly stipend is provided at prevailing Government rates.
DEPUTY DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT