The Federal Republic of Brazil has informed through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that under the Brazilian Educational Cooperation Programme (PEC-G), the Government of Brazil is offering scholarship opportunities for undergraduate studies for 2022 academic year. The programme will cater for TUITION FEES ONLY.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of Kenya.
- Must have a minimum of 18 years and a maximum of 23 years, preferably by 31st December, 2021.
- Must present original and copy of the transcript with courses taken and grades obtained during all high school years.
- A certificate of completion of high school with an average score of at least 60%, and a score of 60% in English.
- A candidate who has not completed high school at the date of registration for PEC-G may apply but if selected must submit the Certificate of Completion of high school at enrollment in the Brazillian Institution of Higher Education.
- Willingness to undertake a Preparatory Portuguese Course for foreigners in an Accredited Institution in Brazil, and take the examination in the second half of 2020. Candidates can only sit for the Celpe-Bras once, and in case they do not succeed, their participation in the PEC-G program will be discontinued.
Candidates must also submit:
- A duly signed statement of financial responsibility and ability by parents or guardian to remit a minimum amount equivalent to US$ 600.00 (six hundred U.S. dollars) monthly to defray the cost of living in Brazil during the undergraduate studies; and should prove that they receive a minimum income three times the monthly amount to be able to sponsor the candidate.
- A duly signed statement of commitment, affirming willingness to undertake and comply with the rules of PEC-G.
- An original birth certificate of the applicant and his or her parents or guardians to be presented for verification by the PEC-G operator at the Embassy of Brazil after successful selection.
- An original medical certificate for physical and mental health issued within no more than 90 days prior to submitting the application.
NB: Information concerning visa requirements will be shared by the Embassy to the successful candidates who will be notified by the Embassy after the selection results are out.
Any queries on PEC-G can be forwarded to email@example.com
For more information on the scholarship, visit the website:
Completed application forms with attached copy of online application form, certified photocopies of ID, academic/professional certificates, transcripts, Birth Certificate, other testimonials should be sent to:
Director – University Education,
Ministry of Education,
P. O. Box 9583 – 00200,
OR delivered to Telposta Towers, 27th floor Room 2702 not later than 18th June, 2021.