WFP Human Resource Internship
In Somalia, the World Food Programme provides food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, and relief through the hard work of more than 500 employees who contribute to make Somalia hunger free in close partnership with local partners.
Job title: HR intern (Internship)
Contract type/grade: Intern
Duty station: Nairobi
Contract duration: 8 months
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES. FEMALE CANDIDATEES ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Provide full support to recruitment specialists within the organizational alignment
- Help create attractive Vacancy Announcements and leverage WFP’s Employer Value Proposition. Create relevant content to integrate into the Vacancy
- Support with the administration of day-to-day recruitment operations like responding to candidates’ queries, schedule the tests/interviews with the applicants, circulate documents for signatures,
- Maintain information up to date in the e-recruitment system and in the HR Recruitment tracker to enable accurate and timely reporting and data
- Assist in the design and the development of diverse new HR employer-branding projects in the field of employment fairs, university relationships, onboarding, talent acquisition among
- Conduct data analyses to measure effectiveness of HR recruitment processes, solutions and suggest some process
- Help communicate HR information to stakeholders, external vendors and/or client
- Perform any other duties as assigned
- Enrolled in a graduate programme (e.g. a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree) at a recognized university, studying in the area of Human Resources Management or/International law, economics, sociology, human sciences or another related field.
- Candidate must be enrolled in school/studying for at least two years or graduated in the last 6 months.
- Desire to learn about and develop key skills in the field of HR, and more specifically, in HR projects and HR processes.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Team player and problem solver.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills; high attention to details.
- Ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized way.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office package, particularly of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is requirement. Additional UN language is an added advantage.
Are you competent for this job? Do you have
- The ability to adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- strong communication skills and well
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time
- Dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback.
Terms and Conditions:
- Upon selection, a proof of enrolment stating that you are currently enrolled in a course of study and your expected date of graduation and if you have graduated, a certified copy of your
- Interns will receive a monthly stipend from
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment using the link below: