PENSIONS BENEFITS MANAGER JOB
Reporting to the Pensions Administrator, the Pensions Benefits Manager is responsible for the day to day administration of the CBK Pension Fund operations which includes management of member records, verification and payment of benefits to members, preparation of monthly/quarterly reports as well as overseeing Claims Management, Client Engagement, Financial Advisory and Members Education.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic Responsibilities
- Actively participate in the development, implementation, execution and evaluation of the strategic plans in support of the overall mission of the Fund.
- Implement measures towards customer satisfaction, treating members fairly and overall good governance.
- Technical and Operational Responsibilities
- Ensure proper maintenance of pensioners’ records.
- Prepare reports for various Board committees, Board of Trustees, and members at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- Attend to internal and external Audit queries.
- Provide input to the annual budget.
- Ensure compliance with the Retirement Benefits Act and other statutory requirements.
- Implementation of Strategic Objectives, Reports and Audit findings.
- Monthly reconciliation of benefits paid to members.
- Assist in drafting of new policies and procedures.
- Other Responsibilities
- Attend meetings with service providers.
- Provide data for IAS 19 actuarial valuation to the sponsor.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Accounting & Finance) or equivalent.
- Professional Accounting qualification(s) such as CPA (K), ACCA or equivalent.
A minimum of eight (8) years’ post qualification experience with at least three (3) years as a Pensions Benefits Manager.
- Knowledge of Retirement Benefits Laws.
- Knowledge of Taxation on Pensions.
- IT Skills.
- Pension system rules and procedures.
- Accounting knowledge.
- Hands-on knowledge of Trust Deed and Rules governing CBK Pension Fund.
Behavioral / General Competencies
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication skills.
- Confidentiality and Professionalism.
- Excellent Counselling and Negotiation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Analytical and creative thinking abilities.
- Customer Centric mind-set.
- Team player with strong leadership skills.
- High levels of integrity.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Resilience i.e. ability to effectively handle challenges.
Candidates are requested to note that:
- INCOMPLETE applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.