Kenya Senior Transport Officer Job
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
About the Role
To support the team in meeting field needs, travel needs and other transport logistical support needs. You willdirectly support the mission of our organization, by supporting our staff and maintaining our fleet in excellent condition. You will also engage with the daily needs of our staff, and Corporate Operations team, and ensure they are excellently supported while pushing forward improvements to our customer service and fleet maintenance work.
- You will report to the Transport Admin Supervisor.
- Drive One Acre Fund staff and officials to meetings and any other tasks as assigned by your supervisor.
- Ensure the vehicle assigned is compliant with One Acre Fund minimum operating standards
- Ensure that the vehicles are kept clean and in good running condition with all tools safely kept.
- Ensure availability of all required documents/supplies in the assigned vehicle
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 2+ years of driving experience and a passion for our mission.
- A Certificate/Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in mechanics
- A valid Kenyan Driver’s License
- A clean driving record + Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Knowledge of roads and area of operation is an added advantage.
- A high degree of ownership coupled with the ability to identify problems and report these upward.
- Basic office skills including typing, scanning, and printing.
- Basic financial/mathematical skills.
- Proficient in English and Swahili.
Preferred Start Date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya.
26 August 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.