Kenya Duka Area Manager Job
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
About the Role
We are looking for exceptional professionals with at least 3 years of work experience and a demonstrated passion for our mission to help shape the culture of our Rural Retail team through managing daily operations in our growing network of shops and you will be reporting to the Duka Lead
- Manage a group of 10 Duka Officers
- Train the Duka Officers, Deputy Duka Officers and support staff within your allocated area
- Be responsible for the professional growth of all staff within your reporting line
- Drive revenue performance, and customer satisfaction across your portfolio of shops
- Coordinate delivery and return of orders across the shops that you manage
- Oversee the relationship with external customers and other interested parties
- Conduct outreach in each location to attract new clients
- Perform additional tasks as requested by the manager as needed
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Experience working in sales, marketing or business management
- Strong knowledge of agricultural products and practices
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience managing an agrovet preferred, or other relevant agricultural experience
- Collaborative nature with a commitment to teamwork
- Experience meeting targets
- Ability to delegate work and motivate a team
- Excellent Microsoft Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), Microsoft Word skills and a good level of general computer literacy
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Preference for a Diploma/Bachelor’s from a recognized academic institution in sales, agriculture or marketing
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Trans-Nzoia, Uasin Gishu, Busia, Nandi, Kisii, Bomet, Nyandarua, Nyeri and Kericho
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya
6 September 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.