Senior Database Administrator Job
ABC Bank is a leading commercial bank that has been in existence for the last 38 years. The Bank is seeking to recruit a dynamic, creative, self-driven and highly motivated experienced professional with a good knowledge of the ICT Database Administration operations.
SENIOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR – ICT DEPARTMENT
The Incumbent will be responsible for the installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring and maintenance of the organization’s databases on Windows, Linux and Unix platforms. The database includes PostgreSql EDB, MySQL, MSSQL and Oracle
REPORTING TO: HEAD OF ICT
- Routine Database Administrator tasks; that is running health checks to ensure optimal Database performance on Linux, Solaris and Windows
- Planning Capacity, managing Space while ensuring storage
- Installation, administration and troubleshooting of all databases using best practice on Linux/Solaris/Windows.
- Implementation, administration and troubleshooting of highly available database including Data Replication between Primary and Secondary sites
- Handling database switchover, switchback and failover in case of production environment
- Implementation and Managing and database users and Database
- Unix Shell scripting for database backup automation – Cron
- Maintaining availability and integrity of all
- Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology or related
- Certification in Linux, Solaris Unix, Oracle database, MSsqlserver or PostgresSQL
- At least 3 years of experience in managing Solaris, Linux servers and Oracle databases
- Experience in scripting on Java, PHP, PL/SQL, SQL in a Finacle Core banking system environment
- Dependable and honest, with ability of maintaining confidentiality with high level of integrity and professional
- A conceptual thinker with ability to organize, plan, coordinate, prioritize and deliver projects in
- Participates effectively in a team-based information and value sharing
- High client service orientation (internal and external) and initiative to solve problems, decision making, excellent analytical and communication skills – good interpersonal including oral and written
How to Apply
Please send your application on or before 15th June 2021 on the following address email@example.com. Please put the position applied for in the application as the subject of the email.
Only short-listed candidates will be Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.