Human Resource Management & Development Officer Job
The job entails implementation of human resource and development strategies, work plans, policies, and procedures.
Reporting to the Senior Human Resources Management and Development Officer, the Human Resource Management and Development Officer will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Administer and collate staff performance appraisals.
- Maintain accurate record of expiry of contracts, probationary periods, and acting appointments and submit reports for decision making.
- Develop probation evaluation reports for confirmation of staff in service.
- Participate in various cross cutting committees assigned from time to time.
- Undertake accurate filing and archiving of various staff records electronically and physically.
- Implement with guidance human resource management strategies, policies and programs.
- Implement employee recruitment, promotion, leave, transfer, and exit documents.
- Draft and verify routine correspondences for review.
- Collate and analyze training applications.
- Support the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Carry out administrative support in recruitment and selection of staff.
- Participate in the implementation of ERP Human Resource Modules.
- Comply with all statutory labour laws and regulatory framework.
- Draft the Division’s budget and workplans as provided for in PFM Act 2012.
- Participate in the processing of payroll
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Human Resource Management, Social Sciences, Business Management/Administration or in a related field from a recognized institution.
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
Experience and Functional Skills
- Minimum of one (1) year experience.
- Basic understanding of functional areas of Human Resource Management.
- Basic understanding of Human resource management policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Proficiency in use of Ms. Office tools
- Good communication skills
Duration of the Assignment
The duration of the engagement will be three (3) years renewable for a similar term subject to performance and availability of funds.
How To Apply
Interested persons should send their CV with names and addresses of three referees and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 18th June, 2021, indicating the name of the position in the subject on the email.
Director – Health Service should apply using the below information only
Interested persons should download and duly fill the COG EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM and drop the duly completed form, CV with names and addresses of three referees, cover letter clearly indicating “application for the position of Director Health” in the subject, with current and expected remuneration, and a copy of ID, certificates, relevant clearance certificates and testimonials.
The hard copy application in plain sealed envelope must be submitted and registered at the Council Offices, Delta Corner Towers- Westlands, Oracle Wing 2nd Floor, on or before 5:00 p.m. 18th June, 2021 addressed as “Application for a position of the Director Health” to;
The Chief Executive Officer,
Council of Governors
P.O Box 40401-00100
Council of Governors is an equal opportunity Employer. Persons living with disabilities and Persons from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.