KENYA ELECTRICITY TRANSMISSION COMPANY LIMITED ( KETRACO)
The Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited (KETRACO) is a 100% state-owned corporation incorporated on 2nd December, 2008 under the Company’s Act, Cap 486 as a State Corporation pursuant to the Sessional Paper No. 4 of 2004 on Energy.
REF: KETRACO/5/1C/40/131/VOL II – B (1 POSITION) ON CONTRACT TERMS OF SIX (6) MONTHS RENEWABLE
Reporting to Transport Officer. This job is responsible for riding the Company’s motorbike for delivery and collection of official letters, parcels and packages within stipulated timelines.
- Riding Company’s motorcycle to accomplish official duties;
- Observing driving related policies to ensure the consistent safety of documents and motorcycle;
- Reporting on all matters relating to assigned motorcycle to the supervisor;
- Updating work ticket on a daily basis with the required information;
- Ensuring the assigned motorcycle documents/ particulars are updated and valid;
- Ensuring that the motorcycle is cleaned routinely;
- Carrying out the daily inspection on the general condition of the motorcycle
- Collecting and sorting records;
- Distributing internal and external mails and channel to the correct recipients;
- Ensuring security of mails on transit;
- Opening the post office regularly, and collecting and disseminating mails;
- Filing stamped copies as evidence of externally dispatched mails;
- Ensuring the postal services subscriptions are paid and up to date;
- Contacting intended destinations or point of origin of mails to verify delivery address;
- Accounting for monthly fuel consumption.
Qualifications & Skills required
- KCSE D+ or equivalent
- Valid driving license with a class F approval
- Conversant with roads in Nairobi and environs;
- A minimum of one (1) year relevant work experience in an office stting;
- Must be familiar with traffic laws;
- Must be able to communicate well in English;
- Good customer service skills;
- Able to troubleshoot and handle basic motorbike repairs; ix. Basic record keeping skills;
- Personal attributes such as; Communication skills, interpersonal skills, ability to work under pressure, Knowledge in office automation applications. Working Conditions – Office Setting and outdoor setting
Method of Application
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL POSITIONS;
- Applicants MUST provide the following documents on application;
- A Signed application letter;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating current and previous employers, positions held, level of education, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment and names of at least three professional referees;
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
- Copy of National Identification Card or Passport
NB: Please scan the above documents as one continuous PDF to be attached in the space provided at the end of your application on the portal.
In addition to the above;
Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates during interviews.
It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
The Company is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
The successful candidates for the positions will be offered competitive remuneration package in accordance with the Company guidelines.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application to: The Managing
Director on https://ketracojobs2.powerappsportals.com/ by 18th June, 2021 at 4.30pm.
Please note that applications will ONLY be online, hard copies shall not be considered. Indicate the position reference number as the subject heading.