PROJECT ASSISTANT SURVEYOR JOB
KENYA ELECTRICITY TRANSMISSION COMPANY LIMITED
The Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited (KETRACO) is a 100% state-owned corporation incorporated on 2nd December, 2008 under the Company’s Act, Cap 486 as a State Corporation pursuant to the Sessional Paper No. 4 of 2004 on Energy.
Project Assistant Environmentalist Job
Project Assistant Surveyor Job
REF: KETRACO/5/1C/40/133/VOL I – B (2 POSITIONS) ON CONTRACT TERMS OF TWO (2) YEARS RENEWABLE
This is the entry position for diploma or equivalent professional qualification and will be required to work under supervision of a Land Surveyor.
- Assist in carrying out reconnaissance for route firming up;
- Participating in collection of field data, computations and updating way leave acquisition drawings;
- Assist in compilation and revision of land schedules for way leave corridors;
- Participating in Geo-referencing of survey maps from Survey of Kenya records;
- Participating in validation of tower pegging and setting out during project construction;
- Storage of survey records.
Qualifications & Skills required
- At least four (4) years relevant experience for Diploma holders;
- Two (2) years’ experience for Higher Diploma holders;
- Technician member of the Institution of Surveyors of Kenya, Land / Engineering Surveyors Chapter;
- Demonstrate results in work performance;
- Proficiency in the usage of recognized computer mapping software and common office applications;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Communication skills;
Office Setting and field setting
Method of Application
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL POSITIONS;
Applicants MUST provide the following documents on application;
- A Signed application letter;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating current and previous employers, positions held, level of education, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment and names of at least three professional referees;
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
- Copy of National Identification Card or Passport
NB: Please scan the above documents as one continuous PDF to be attached in the space provided at the end of your application on the portal.
In addition to the above;
Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates during interviews.
It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
The Company is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
The successful candidates for the positions will be offered competitive remuneration package in accordance with the Company guidelines.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application to: The Managing
Director on https://ketracojobs2.powerappsportals.com/ by 18th June, 2021 at 4.30pm.
Please note that applications will ONLY be online, hard copies shall not be considered. Indicate the position reference number as the subject heading.