PROJECT ASSISTANT ENVIRONMENTALIST JOB
KENYA ELECTRICITY TRANSMISSION COMPANY LIMITED (KETRACO)
The Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited (KETRACO) is a 100% state-owned corporation incorporated on 2nd December, 2008 under the Company’s Act, Cap 486 as a State Corporation pursuant to the Sessional Paper No. 4 of 2004 on Energy.
Project Assistant Environmentalist Job
REF: KETRACO/5/1C/40/132/VOL II – B (2 POSITIONS) ON CONTRACT TERMS OF TWO (2) YEARS RENEWABLE
Reporting to Environmental Safeguards and Sustainability Officer. This job is responsible for assisting Company projects to comply with Environmental Management and Coordination Act (EMCA) Cap 387, relevant national legislations, Multi-lateral Environment agreements (MEAs), development partner’s environmental safeguard policies, international best practices and KETRACO environmental policy. Through this compliance, projects are implemented in an environmentally sound and socially acceptable manner.
- Participating in the implementation of environmental management policies, strategies, plans and other relevant statutes and recommendations contained in reports;
- Participating in feasibility studies and ESIA & EA for KETRACO projects;
- Participating in review ESIA reports submitted by consultants to KETRACO;
- Participating in carrying out quarterly Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) monitoring on KETRACO projects under construction.
- Participating in stakeholder mapping and engagement for KETRACO projects;
- Participating in sensitization of communities and project affected persons on environmental issues for KETRACO projects;
- Participating in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the division;
- Participating in KETRACO activities involving environmental protection climate change mitigation and other emerging issues;
Qualifications & Skills required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science/Environmental Planning and Management/ Natural Resource Management or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution
- Must be registered as an Associate EIA/EA Expert with NEMA;
- Must be registered as Associate member with Environment Institute of Kenya;
- Must have a valid practicing license from NEMA as an associate Expert;
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience.
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Good understanding of EMCA Cap 387 and its regulations;
- Good understanding of International Best Practice (IBP) in Environmental practice.
- Proficiency in computer application skills;
- Personal attributes such as; Communication skills, Analytical skills, report writing skills, presentations skills, Interpersonal skills, public consultation skills, self-drive, Knowledge in office automation applications.
Offices settingand field setting
Method of Application
Applicants MUST provide the following documents on application;
- A Signed application letter;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating current and previous employers, positions held, level of education, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment and names of at least three professional referees;
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
- Copy of National Identification Card or Passport
NB: Please scan the above documents as one continuous PDF to be attached in the space provided at the end of your application on the portal.
In addition to the above;
Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates during interviews.
It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
The Company is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
The successful candidates for the positions will be offered competitive remuneration package in accordance with the Company guidelines.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application to:
The Managing Director on https://ketracojobs2.powerappsportals.com/ by 18th June, 2021 at 4.30pm.
Please note that applications will ONLY be online, hard copies shall not be considered. Indicate the position reference number as the subject heading.