MANAGER FILM PRODUCTION, LIAISON AND LOCATION SERVICES
KENYA FILM CLASSIFICATION BOARD (KFCB)
To be a world-class film content regulator. Mission To safeguard the national values and norms through efficient, effective and professional film regulatory services.
The Kenya Film Classification Board, a state corporation under the Ministry of Sports, Culture and the Arts is mandated by Films and Stage Plays Act Cap 222 of Laws.
JOB REF NO: KFC/HRA/MFPLLS/2021
The officer will be reporting tothe Director Film Industry Support Servicesand will be responsible for establishingand maintaining strong relationships with film facilities, liaise with film producers to identify suitable filming locations including the distributions of films locally and internationally.
The officer will also be responsible for:
- Coordinating and establishing strong relationships with film studios and facility houses for the promotion and development of the Film Industry;
- Providing liaison services to filmmakers/producers with County Government and Government agencies;
- Carrying out analysis of the technical factors influencing film-makers in their choice of destinations for production and post-production services;
- Developing appropriate strategies and initiatives to ensure that potential international customers are attracted to Kenya’s locations and productionsfacilities;
- Mapping out Kenya’s key locations for the local and international film locationsmarket;
- Facilitating access to considerable production expertise and infrastructure for the industry;
- Carrying out analysis of the technical factors influencing film makers in their choice of destinations for production and post-productionservices;
- Design strategies to ensure that potential customers are attracted to Kenya’s locations and productions facilities;
- Facilitate film directors with suitable locations for film shooting and also offer considerable production expertise.
The successful candidate must:
- Have at least ten (10) years relevant work experience;
- Have Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Marketing, Public Relations, Project Management, Film Production, Business Administration or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Have Bachelor degree in any of the following disciplines: Marketing,Public Relations, Project Management, Film Production or its equivalent qualification from are cognized Institution;
- Be a Member of a Professional Body;
- Have a Certificate in Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized Institution;
- Be proficient in computer application
In addition to the qualifications set above, shortlisted candidates will be required to provide copies of clearance certificates/letters of good standing from the following;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).
- Chief Executive Officer, Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- Credit Bureau Reference.
TERMS OF SERVICE
An attractive remunerative package, commensurate to qualifications, experience and responsibilities and in line with government guidelines will be offered to the successful applicant. The appointment is on a Three (3) year contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
Method of Application
Please submit your application to email@example.com so as tobe received not later than 14th June 2021 at 5.00pm
Applications MUST consist of application cover letter, detailed CVwith three (3) referees contacts; Indicate your current position, current remuneration, expected remuneration, e-mail and day-time telephone contact, relevant Certificates and Testimonials; and copy of National ID/Passport to be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Film Commission,
Jumuia Place, Second Floor, Lenana Road,
P. O. Box 76417,00508
KFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women, youth and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of required documents will not be considered.Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.