The Kenya Medical Research Institute is committed to providing the youth with opportunities to acquire, sharpen their knowledge and gain technical/practical skills to complement their studies in order to enhance their employability in line with the Kenya Vision 2030. The KEMRI Internship Program (KIP) seeks to develop a pool of young talent adequately exposed to working in the research industry. After the planned twelve (12) months’ internship program, the candidates will have gained practical workplace experience to enable them have a competitive edge in their job search.
KEMRI is seeking to recruit young, dynamic, self-driven, inquisitive Diploma and Bachelor’s degree holders for their research Centres and Departments located in Nairobi, Kisumu and Busia.
RESEARCH FUNCTION IN THE INSTITUTE:-
Location: Nairobi Offices
Possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Institution in any of the following fields;-
- Medical Microbiology(2 Positions)
- Mycology(2 Positions)
- Microbiology and Biotechnology/Environmental
- Health(4 Positions)
- Foods Nutrition and Dietetic(1 Position)
- Biochemistry(2 Positions)
- Industrial Chemistry/Chemistry (1 Position)
- Pharmaceutical Sciences (1 Position)
- Parasitology/Biology/Immunology (1 Position)
- Molecular/Biomedical Sciences/Biotechnology/Biology or science related course (7positions)
- Biosafety and Biosecurity/Occupation Safety/Biosafety/Environmental Management Science (2 Positions)
- Knowledge Management/Information Science/Library Sciences(3 Positions)
- Biostatistics/Statistics (2 positions)
- Medical Laboratory Sciences (1 Position)
Possess a Diploma in any of the following fields;
- Medical Laboratory Sciences/Analytical Sciences/Applied Biology (8 Positions)
- Health Records (3 positions)
Location: Centre for Global Health Research (CGHR), Kisian, Kisumu
- Bachelors of Commerce ( HR Option)/BBA (HR Option)(1 Position)
- CPA II OR Diploma in Accounting (1 position)
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences/Applied Biology (1 Position)
- Diploma in Procurement (1 Position)
Location: Centre for Infectious and Parasitic Disease Control Research (CIPDCR), BUSIA
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences/Science Laboratory Technology from a recognized Institution (1 Position)
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized Institution (2 Positions).
SUPPORT SERVICES FUNCTION IN THE INSTITUTE;
Location: Nairobi Offices
Possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Institution in any of the following areas;-
- Finance/Accounting (4 positions)
- Procurement and Supply Chain Management (2 positions)
- Marketing (1 Position)
- Mass Communication(Electronic Media)/Journalism and Media Studies/Communication (Print Option)/Public Relations with a bias in digital communication (2 Positions)
- Business Administration (1 Position)
Laws having completed pupilage/awaiting admission to the bar (2 positions); and
- Economics/Statistics, Mathematics (1 position)
Posses a Diploma in any of the following fields;
- 3-Year Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Refrigeration Option) (2 Positions)
- Human Resource Management (1 Position)
- Procurement and Supply Chain Management (1 position)
- Records Management (1 Position)
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies\Business Administration (1 Position)
- Certificate\Diploma in Plumbing(1 Position)
In addition the applicants must:-
- Be a Kenyan youth below 30 years of age; and
- Provide a Certificate of good conduct.
- Should possess interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be goal oriented, dynamic, passionate and self-starter
- A person of integrity
- Should possess strong analytical skills
- Must be computer literate.
Interested candidates should apply through KEMRI Website KEMRI E-Recruitment Portal– E-Recruitment Portal (Internships) on or before 15th June 2021 latest 5.00 p.m. Kindly create your account, fill your profile then apply.
- The Internship engagement is strictly for twelve months and the Institute WILL NOT offer employment after the completion of the program.
- A monthly stipend of Kes. 25,000/= and Kes. 15,000 for Bachelors and diploma holders respectively will be given without any other benefits.
- Interns will be expected to take up a personal accident cover and medical Insurance cover.
- It is a criminal Offence to provide false information and documents in the application; and
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- KEMRI is committed to diversity. Persons with disability and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply.