Elimu Fanaka Initiative (EFI) is a registered nonprofit organization working with underserved communities in Kenya, providing opportunities for learners in rural public primary schools to access quality education and improve their experience. At Elimu Fanaka, we believe if we can strengthen the education system, we can use it as a tool for community transformation – and thus, EFI views schools s centres for community transformation and education as a tool to bring about the change. Through our work, we engage learners, teachers, and parents to find practical, community-led solutions to create a sustainable and dynamic environment for learners to thrive.
About the role:
As a Communications Intern, you will work closely with the ICT Associate and under the supervision of the Programs Manager to support our digital communication and maintaining all the social media platforms. From time to time, you will be involved in traveling to the site to connect with teachers and learners and create relevant stories to share with our stakeholders.
- YouTube and TikTok Series development, including assisting in ideation, storyboarding, and content creation
- Assist with graphics production on Canva and Adobe Creative Suite
- Organize content and identify storylines for video production
- Content creation for TikTok, Instagram Reels, and Instagram stories based on market trends
- Research Elimu Fanaka articles, stories, and resources to develop into the digital marketing content
Social media management
- Maintain and organize current content management systems in a cloud-based system
- Upload finalized content to the content management system
- Support with template designing, video editing, and graphics designs
- Provide support in maintaining content calendar and weekly workflows
- Support with maintaining all Elimu Fanaka social media accounts
- Support with YouTube platform management, including community engagement, video uploads, SEO optimization, and analysis
Qualifications and Experience
- Currently enrolled in University with at least two to three years undergraduate studies, or recently graduated (within the past six months) in Marketing, Business Studies, Communication, Public Relations or other related fields.
- Content creator enthusiast
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience with Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop;
- Excellent understanding of content creation for TikTok, Instagram, YouTube;
- Video editing skills, with Adobe Creative Suite;
How to Apply
Please note that this role is remote; however, we require the flexibility to travel to rural Kenya.
Closing Date : 10th June, 2021