ETHICS AND ANTI-CORRUPTION COMMISSION ( EACC)
The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) is established under Section 3 of the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Act, No. 22 of 2011, pursuant to Article 79 of the Constitution of Kenya. The mandate of the Commission is to combat and prevent corruption and economic crime in Kenya through law enforcement, preventive measures, public education and promotion of standards and best practices of integrity, ethics and anti-corruption.
The Commission invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following positions:
DIRECTORATE OF FIELD SERVICES AND COORDINATION
DIRECTOR – FIELD SERVICES & COORDINATION, JOB GRADE – EACC “3” (1POST), REF NO.: EACC/FSC/DFSC/1
Reporting to the Secretary/ Chief Executive Officer
The Director, Field Services & Coordination is responsible for provision of leadership to the Directorate of Field Services & Coordination. The role entails coordination of technical and administrative programmes and activities of the EACC Regional Offices, Offices of the Chairperson, Commissioners and Secretary/ Chief Executive Officer as well as managing partnerships.
The specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Overseeing implementation of the Commission’s Strategic Plan by the Directorate;
- Ensuring compliance with set standards and guidelines by the Directorate;
- Supervision and management of performance of the Directorate;
- Management of partnerships and collaborations with stakeholders of the Commission;
- Overseeing the operations of the Kenya Leadership and Integrity Forum (KLIF) Secretariat;
- Coordinating development of statutory reports, technical papers, policy proposals and programmes on anti-corruption and good governance;
- Coordinating programmes and activities of the Offices of the Chairperson, Commissioners and Secretary/ Chief Executive Officer; and
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Secretary/ Chief Executive Officer.
Requirements for appointment
For appointment as the Director – Field Services & Coordination, a person must possess the following qualifications:
- Be a citizen of Kenya;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Science, ICT, Political Science, Statistics, International Relations, Business Management, Finance, Law, Public Administration, Governance or its equivalent from a recognised university;
- Be a holder of a Master’s degree in Arts, Science, ICT, Political Science, International Relations, Business Management, Finance, Law, Public Administration, Governance or its equivalent from a recognised university;
- Have at least fifteen (15) years’ relevant work experience out of which at least five (5) years at the position of Deputy Director in a public organisation or its equivalent in a reputable institution in any of the following fields: ethics and governance; law; fraud investigations; economic intelligence, public administration and coordination; leadership; management; economics; audit; accounting; public relations or any other relevant fields.
- Membership in a related professional body in good standing;
- Leadership/ Governance training lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognised institution.
- Professional training in Law, Anti-Corruption, Ethics, Integrity, Fraud Investigations, economic intelligence, Finance or Accounting or any other relevant fields lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognised institution.
The following key attributes will be required for the position of Director – Field Services and Coordination:
- Be of high moral character, integrity and impartiality;
- Proven high degree of professional competence, communication skills, fairness and good temperament;
- Possess excellent leadership skills;
- Be a visionary, transformative and results-oriented;
- Strategic thinker;
- Be self-driven, a team-player and mentor/ coach; and
- Ability to cultivate partnership and collaborations.
Terms of Service
The successful candidate will be appointed for a five (5) year term and may be eligible for re-appointment. A competitive remuneration package will be offered in line with the terms of service for EACC Staff.
In addition to the qualifications and requirements set above, applicants shall be expected to obtain clearances from the following:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Registration and good standing in relevant professional bodies.
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates, clearances and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via an email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
The deadline for application is Monday, 7th June, 2021 at 5.00 pm.
EACC is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
SECRETARY/ CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
ETHICS AND ANTI-CORRUPTION COMMISSION