ETHICS AND ANTI-CORRUPTION COMMISSION (EACC)
The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) is established under Section 3 of the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Act, No. 22 of 2011, pursuant to Article 79 of the Constitution of Kenya. The mandate of the Commission is to combat and prevent corruption and economic crime in Kenya through law enforcement, preventive measures, public education and promotion of standards and best practices of integrity, ethics and anti-corruption.The Commission invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following positions:
DIRECTORATE OF FINANCE AND PLANNING
DEPUTY DIRECTOR – FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS, JOB GRADE – EACC “4” (1 POST), REF. NO.: EACC/FP/DDFA/2
Reporting to the Director – Finance and Planning
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing leadership in the development of the Finance and Accounts policies and strategies;
- Preparing Quarterly and Annual Financial Statements within required timelines;
- Leading the annual financial audit;
- Providing leadership in the development, implementation and monitoring of the budget of the
- Directorate of Finance and Planning;
- Preparing timely quarterly and monthly management reports;
- Overseeing preparation of cash plan for the Commission;
- Preparing and submitting reports to the relevant government agencies such as Controller of Budget, The National Treasury, among others;
- Coordinating costing of Commission’s activities in line with the set budget control policies;
- Supervising and managing Finance and Accounts staff;
- Reviewing and monitoring the statutory and management reports for accuracy and completeness;
- Ensuring that the Commission’s financial systems have sound and operational controls;
- Approving the Commission’s payments in IFMIS, Internet Banking, among other financial systems;
- Authorising payments.
Requirements for Appointment
- Minimum relevant experience of fourteen (14) years, three (3) should be in a comparable position from a reputable organisation;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Economics, Business Administration, Business Management or equivalent qualification from a recognised university
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Economics, Business Administration, Business Management or equivalent qualification from a recognised university
Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E.) minimum mean grade of C+ or its equivalent from a recognised institution;
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership and Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognised institution;
- Certified Public Accountant – CPA(K) or its equivalent;
- Member of ICPAK in good standing;
- Previous hands on experience in Accounting Software (ERP);
- Public Sector budgeting skills;
- Accounting and financial management skills;
- International Public Sector Accounting Standards knowledge;
- Project Management skills; and
- Strategic investment and financing skills.
In addition, the candidate must possess the following core competencies:
- Demonstrated integrity and professional competence as reflected in work performance and results;
- Leadership skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Negotiation skills;
- Ability to build and lead cohesive teams;
- Problem solving skills; and
- ICT Skills.
In addition to the qualifications and requirements set above, applicants shall be expected to obtain clearances from the following:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Registration and good standing in relevant professional bodies
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates, clearances and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via an email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
The deadline for application is Monday, 7th June, 2021 at 5.00 pm.
EACC is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
SECRETARY/ CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
ETHICS AND ANTI-CORRUPTION COMMISSION