DECLARATION OF VACANCIES
Machakos University was awarded a Charter on 7th October 2016 and is a successor of Machakos University College. It is located one (1) Km fromp Machakos Town along the main Machakos – Wote road.
The Vision of the University is: “A preferred University of Excellence in Scholarship and Service Delivery;” whereas the Mission of the University is: “To Provide Scholarly Education through Training, Research and Innovation for Industrial and Socioeconomic Transformation of our Communities.”
Machakos University invites applications from candidates who are suitably qualified and experienced with excellent credentials to fill the following vacant positions in the University:
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Senior Procurement Officer – Grade 12 (1Position) – MKsU/P/ 01/21
Requirements for Appointment
- Must have an earned Master’s Degree in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management or equivalent qualification.
- Must have an earned Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management or equivalent qualification.
- Must have an earned Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supplies or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid Practicing License from Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM).
- Must have Six (6) years’ work experience three (3) at the level of Procurement Officer Grade 11 or comparable position.
- Membership of a professional body and in good standing.
- Engage in regular preparation of tender documents as per user needs to guide in sourcing and selection of suppliers.
- Oversee the regular circulation of tender invitations and evaluation of quotations to ensure competitive procurement is upheld for provision of highquality goods or services.
- Draft and disseminate tender awards to approved suppliers on a regular basis so as to inform them on the intention to engage in business.
- Participate in coordination of regular purchasing and disposal activities to ensure goods,
services and works are procured or disposed off at the right time.
- Offer regular secretariat services to the tender opening and technical evaluation committee so as to offer necessary administrative support required in identification of tender awardees
- Respond to regular queries on the procurement process from internal members of the University as well as external parties so as to provide clarification on the raised concerns
- Offer professional opinion to the Executive.
- Be able to interpret the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Regulations 2020.
Ten (10) copies of applications should be submitted together with an updated Curriculum Vitae giving details of the applicant; age, marital status, academic and professional qualification, working experience, present post and salary, telephone contact, email address, names and referees plus copies of the certificates and testimonials. The reference number of the position applied should be clearly indicated. All applications be addressed to;
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Administration, Planning and Finance
P. O. BOX 136 – 90100
So as to reach not later than Monday 14th June, 2021. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Applicants are advised to contact their referees and request them to send their letters of reference to the above address. The referees should write and send their recommendations, under sealed envelopes before the advert deadline. A soft copy (one running pdf file) of the applicant must also be sent by e-mail to email@example.com. KINDLY NOTE THAT IT IS A MUST FOR STAFF TO TYPE IN THE REQUIRED INFORMATION IN THE JOB APPLICATION FORM AVAILABLE ON THE UNIVERSITY WEBSITE, PRINT, SIGN AND ATTACH TO THE APPLICATION.
N/B: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Machakos University is an equal opportunity employer and therefore applicants of either gender or persons living with disability or from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply.