DECLARATION OF VACANCIES
Machakos University was awarded a Charter on 7th October 2016 and is a successor of Machakos University College. It is located one (1) Km from Machakos Town along the main Machakos – Wote road.
The Vision of the University is: “A preferred University of Excellence in Scholarship and Service Delivery;” whereas the Mission of the University is: “To Provide Scholarly Education through Training, Research and Innovation for Industrial and Socioeconomic Transformation of our Communities.”
Machakos University invites applications from candidates who are suitably qualified and experienced with excellent credentials to fill the following vacant positions in the University:
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Deputy University Librarian (Re-Advertisement) -GRADE 14 (1 Position) – MKsU/L/ 01/21
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Must possess a Ph.D. degree in Library Information Science or related field from a recognized institution, with at least ten (10) years of experience in an Academic Library preferably in an institution of higher learning; five (5) of which must be at a Senior Level (Grade 13 or comparable position and above);
Must possess a Master’s degree in Library Information Science or related field from a recognized institution, with at least twelve (12) years of experience in an Academic Library preferably in an institution of higher learning; five (5) of which must be at a Senior Level (Grade 13 or comparable position and above);
- Must be conversant with Library management systems especially KOHA.
- Must demonstrate organizational, management and leadership skills;
- Must demonstrate knowledge of different Library technologies and current trends;
- Must be knowledgeable in assistive technologies for visually Impaired persons;
- Must have published at least two (2) relevant refereed publications;
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge on Library of congress classification scheme;
- Must have attended relevant workshops and conferences;
- Must be a member of a relevant professional body; and
- Possession of any other relevant qualifications will be an added advantage
- Overall planning, administration and management of Library service;
- Developing, implementing and monitoring policies, strategies, procedures and work plans.
- Manage selection, acquisition, organization and dissemination of Library resources and services.
- Promotion and marketing of Library services.
- Developing services for physically and visually impaired
- Ensuring that the Library meets the needs of precise groups of users including Post Graduate Students and Persons Living with Disability.
- Ensuring different Library systems and services function effectively.
- Participation in capacity building and mentorship of Library staff.
- Working in collaboration with schools to develop and implement Information Literacy Program.LibrarianmacMachakos
- Planning, coordinating and assigning duties and responsibilities to Library staff.
- Monitoring Library procedures in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 requirements;
- Keeping abreast with emerging Library and information trends and especially on Knowledge management.
- Promoting and developing local and international partnerships for the benefit of the Library.
- Monitoring and evaluation of Library services.
- Anyother duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Ten (10) copies of applications should be submitted together with an updated Curriculum Vitae giving details of the applicant; age, marital status, academic and professional qualification, working experience, present post and salary, telephone contact, email address, names and referees plus copies of the certificates and testimonials. The reference number of the position applied should be clearly indicated. All applications be addressed to;
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Administration, Planning and Finance
P. O. BOX 136 – 90100
So as to reach not later than Monday 14th June, 2021. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Applicants are advised to contact their referees and request them to send their letters of reference to the above address. The referees should write and send their recommendations, under sealed envelopes before the advert deadline. A soft copy (one running pdf file) of the applicant must also be sent by e-mail to email@example.com. KINDLY NOTE THAT IT IS A MUST FOR STAFF TO TYPE IN THE REQUIRED INFORMATION IN THE JOB APPLICATION FORM AVAILABLE ON THE UNIVERSITY WEBSITE, PRINT, SIGN AND ATTACH TO THE APPLICATION.
N/B: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Machakos University is an equal opportunity employer and therefore applicants of either gender or persons living with disability or from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply.