DECLARATION OF VACANCIES
Machakos University was awarded a Charter on 7th October 2016 and is a successor of Machakos University College. It is located one (1) Km from Machakos Town along the main Machakos – Wote road.
The Vision of the University is: “A preferred University of Excellence in Scholarship and Service Delivery;” whereas the Mission of the University is: “To Provide Scholarly Education through Training, Research and Innovation for Industrial and Socioeconomic Transformation of our Communities.”
Machakos University invites applications from candidates who are suitably qualified and experienced with excellent credentials to fill the following vacant positions in the University:
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Deputy Director ICT (Re-Advertisement) – Grade 14 (1 Position) – MksU/ICT/01/21
Requirements for Appointment
- Must possess a PhD degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field from a recognized institution, with at least ten (10) years of experience in a relevant field five (5) of which must be at a Senior Level (Grade 13 or comparable position);
Must have an earned Master’s degree in Computer Science /Information Technology or equivalent professional qualification with twelve (12) years in a relevant field, five (5) years of which should have been at the level of Grade 13 or comparable, position.
- Must be registered with a professional body.
- Possession of other relevant Certifications/professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Oversee the design of network systems for the University to enable connectivity within the institution for exchange of information needed to facilitate operations.
- Develop system algorithms and models used in designing ICT systems for the University to ensure they fully capture the needs of the intended users of the system.
- Assign protocol types for the network systems for effective implementation of specific operation supported by the specific procedures.
- Develop the ICT infrastructural implementation plans for the University to ensure the intended output is relevant and necessary implementation steps are well prioritized
- Link up with external internet, cloud hosting and other ICT applications service providers to facilitate the management of contracted services as per the agreed terms of service for the ICT infrastructure to continually be functional.
- Advice on execution of contracts between the University and other entities on matters pertaining to ICT.
- Ensure security of data in the University by overseeing the development and implementation of data access restrictions that require authentication of users
- Prepare ICT project handover reports to inform on the success of the project objectives as well as provide a user manual for the new ICT upgrades for guiding users.
and train staff on use of virtual programmes
- Maintain and regularly update the assets register for all assets in the Directorate for accountability purposes.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Ten (10) copies of applications should be submitted together with an updated Curriculum Vitae giving details of the applicant; age, marital status, academic and professional qualification, working experience, present post and salary, telephone contact, email address, names and referees plus copies of the certificates and testimonials. The reference number of the position applied should be clearly indicated. All applications be addressed to;
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Administration, Planning and Finance
P. O. BOX 136 – 90100
So as to reach not later than Monday 14th June, 2021. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Applicants are advised to contact their referees and request them to send their letters of reference to the above address. The referees should write and send their recommendations, under sealed envelopes before the advert deadline. A soft copy (one running pdf file) of the applicant must also be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. KINDLY NOTE THAT IT IS A MUST FOR STAFF TO TYPE IN THE REQUIRED INFORMATION IN THE JOB APPLICATION FORM AVAILABLE ON THE UNIVERSITY WEBSITE, PRINT, SIGN AND ATTACH TO THE APPLICATION.
N/B: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Machakos University is an equal opportunity employer and therefore applicants of either gender or persons living with disability or from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply.