DECLARATION OF VACANCIES
Machakos University was awarded a Charter on 7th October 2016 and is a successor of Machakos University College. It is located one (1) Km from Machakos Town along the main Machakos – Wote road.
The Vision of the University is: “A preferred University of Excellence in Scholarship and Service Delivery;” whereas the Mission of the University is: “To Provide Scholarly Education through Training, Research and Innovation for Industrial and Socioeconomic Transformation of our Communities.”
Machakos University invites applications from candidates who are suitably qualified and experienced with excellent credentials to fill the following vacant positions in the University:
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Assistant Office Administrator I – Grade 7/8 (3 position) – MksU/SEC/02/21
Requirements for Appointment
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies OR Business English III, Commerce II, Office Practice II, Secretarial Duties II, Office Management III, Shorthand II(80 wpm) or Audio-Typewriting III and Typewriting III 50 Wpm all from KNEC
- Six (6) years relevant working experience at Grade 5/6 or equivalent.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Receive telephone calls, from clients within and without the University.
- Engage in information retrieval within the office based on information need on a regular basis so as to provide the same for current decision making.
- Provide conducive working environment within the Office.
- Handle documents and files and provide storage and custody in a systematic manner.
- Maintain and regularly update the office diary.
- Manage office inventory to ensure constant adequate supply and utilization of the same.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Ten (10) copies of applications should be submitted together with an updated Curriculum Vitae giving details of the applicant; age, marital status, academic and professional qualification, working experience, present post and salary, telephone contact, email address, names and referees plus copies of the certificates and testimonials. The reference number of the position applied should be clearly indicated. All applications be addressed to;
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Administration, Planning and Finance
P. O. BOX 136 – 90100
So as to reach not later than Monday 14th June, 2021. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Applicants are advised to contact their referees and request them to send their letters of reference to the above address. The referees should write and send their recommendations, under sealed envelopes before the advert deadline. A soft copy (one running pdf file) of the applicant must also be sent by e-mail to email@example.com. KINDLY NOTE THAT IT IS A MUST FOR STAFF TO TYPE IN THE REQUIRED INFORMATION IN THE JOB APPLICATION FORM AVAILABLE ON THE UNIVERSITY WEBSITE, PRINT, SIGN AND ATTACH TO THE APPLICATION.
N/B: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Machakos University is an equal opportunity employer and therefore applicants of either gender or persons living with disability or from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply.